Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Question:

A card I want is on ebay. I contacted the seller asking if I could buy it off ebay and have them end the auction. We agreed on a price, he sent an invoice, I paid. Problem is he hasn't ended the auction yet and there is only 11 hours to go. Should I be worried?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning gang

I'm up and out the door, hitting the streets and heading to Caterpillar and manning the gates for a gate collection for the local veterans.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Question:

A card I want is on ebay. I contacted the seller asking if I could buy it off ebay and have them end the auction. We agreed on a price, he sent an invoice, I paid. Problem is he hasn't ended the auction yet and there is only 11 hours to go. Should I be worried?

Maybe they have not woke up? If they sent you an invoice you are at least allowed to file a claim if needed.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Am I thinking too much into this? What should I do if the auction does end and there is a winner? Am I covered with paypal or screwed?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah it was an invoice. Maybe they just didn't get to it yet, but it was still around 6 PM in the US when we worked this out. I'll just wait and see and stop being so damn paranoid...lol

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I already sent him a friendly message reminding him to end his auction so that someone else doesn't win the same card. No reply yet. Not overly worried, but I've never had someone end an auction before.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Been an "interesting" two days for you in this hobby Ty...;)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Question:

I think sellers have to pay a fee now if they end auctions early so maybe he's trying to avoid that.. I have seen on a BIN auction where the seller agreed to an offline offer and then he raised the bin to a number that looked rediculous to avoid ending early and paying the fee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts