Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps 5 star design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Not that I have interest in it but for $500 a pack, they sure don't look any different than much much cheaper products.

At least ttt, tribute, bow ster, exquisite, national treasures all have a specific look to them. Even topps sterling look totally different than anything else.

topps just tweeted out some more pics & they look nothing special at all.

Because of this, will the product suffer? I know most of the above products sell for more than similar cards but have a hard time thinking one will pay more for 5 star.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352683628168.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352683628168.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352683638196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352683638196.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 234

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
They gave props to B. Philips on twitter about his sig. The card pictured was from 5-Star, or I mean 5-knuckles to the dick.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I know virtually nothing about the product, but there's no way people are going to be happy with this product with THAT high of a pack SRP is there?

How many $500 packs do you think will deliver $50-$150 of value?

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Have to agree. Really don't like the look or design of the cards and for $500 a box I would rather open a box of tribute and save the $100+ dollars.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The Harper reminds me of 2005 Upper Deck Cooperstown Collection and the Aaron reminds me of Fleer GOTG for some reason.

Topps peaked with Museum this year and have been underperforming since.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
Ok Guys, I am going to go on a little Rant.
Bowman has it right, put out a reputable product every year, and don't deviate from the basics much at all. Yes, it comes out 3 times a year, but they never do any duplicate autos in each set. These Veteran cards, and products are really starting to get annoying. All these brands that try to target high end collectors are failing miserably. GQ,Triple Threads,Platinum,Prime Cuts,Finest are all watering down the value of autographs from Rookies to stars in the MLB. Also, stop with the XXXXing jersey cards, no one a piece of a jersey any more. They look hideous and they are virtually worth nothing now. Bowman is the one product that you can make money on by buying and flipping eventually, compared to this stuff where the value hardly shifts.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Isn't this pretty much just Triple Threads on steroids? People will know it's junk for the bulk of the boxes but will still buy for the books and knobs and multiway autos.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Bowman has it right, put out a reputable product every year, and don't deviate from the basics much at all. Yes, it comes out 3 times a year, but they never do any duplicate autos in each set. These Veteran cards, and products are really starting to get annoying. All these brands that try to target high end collectors are failing miserably. GQ,Triple Threads,Platinum,Prime Cuts,Finest are all watering down the value of autographs from Rookies to stars in the MLB. Also, stop with the XXXXing jersey cards, no one a piece of a jersey any more. They look hideous and they are virtually worth nothing now. Bowman is the one product that you can make money on by buying and flipping eventually, compared to this stuff where the value hardly shifts.

Chaz Roe, Bryce Harper, and Scooter Gennett among others would beg to differ.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd contemplate suicide if Topps put JJ in my $500 pack of cards. Is he really in 5-Star?

If you do commit suicide, please don't get any residue on the JJ you pulled. I'd like it to be in PSA 10 condition when I buy it off eBay.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I would say all these Bowman and prospect releases are getting really annoying haha. I would also argue that you're not supposed to make money on veteran products and you shouldn't be looking to. Sure, people should expect more than 2 $20 autos out of this product but some will take one in the pants and fewer will hit it big. Where Topps needs to improve is decreasing the disparity between a good break and a bad break somehow IMO. Not sure how to solve that. Just not enough "collectors" for what's out there. I'd love to increase the size of my collection outside of my main player collecting focus but there's so much out there in that regard that everything else is expendable so specialized collecting and sheer volume of cards already available will continue to be an issue. Now I'm rambling incoherently

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It's a multi auto per pack product. There is space for b list autos.

If there are b-listers in it, its not truly a "5 star" product and it defeats the purpose of making the product $500 per pack.

If i wanted b-listers, id buy them in a different box.

Typical...

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Put me in the like it category.
Just because I'm assuming they are on card.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Every Autograph is Signed Directly on Each Card!

Every Pack Delivers:
- 1 Autograph (Active Player)
- 1 Autograph (Retired Player)
- 1 Autographed Relic
- 1 Autographed Book or Autograph
- 1 Jumbo Jersey Relic, Patch, Bat Plate or Bat Knob

Members online