Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Austin meadows refractor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I recently purchased a meadows 2011 chrome usa refractor auto. When i got it however, there was no print run on the back. It looks like they stamped it as there is an indintation where it should be. Just wondering if anyone here has the same card and if that has the same issues. Thanks

RobinFriday

Nov 12, 2012
Plymouth
meadows.jpgmeadows2.jpgmeadows3.jpg

This is the actually card Jimmy is speaking of..everything else seems spot on..but its an indentation of what seems like 99/199 but has no gold leafing? Its also a tad crooked...I just want to know the deal..I have contacted Topps etc...Before I open an eBay case and start squaking bad seller...I want to see what everyones opinion was..This is a pretty pricey card and I hope I didn't get sent a bogus one

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Maybe it's just the scan, but that's not a refractor.

Refractor:

8fc5a4b4-48be-4f2e-9a54-24bf84e7ce73.jpg

Base:

5136bffa-dca5-4452-bc4c-d858cddcd2e5.jpg

I have a feeling someone tried to turn that base into a Refractor and double their money.

RobinFriday

Nov 12, 2012
Plymouth
It may be the scan..jimmy has a better eye for the front refractor shine than I..it seems to have the normal refractor sheen in my opinion..I have since been contacted for a refund from the seller..but I think I want to go through eBay buyer protection to ensure smooth sailing..any ideas guys?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Did the backs of these not say refractor like almost every other chrome refractor?

RobinFriday

Nov 12, 2012
Plymouth
A lot of my USA chrome refractors don't say refractor..the ones i have to /417 have the u18usa there...does anyone have this card and could show the back?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I've owned several '11 BDP USA Autos and have never seen one missing the foil. I don't know whether the foil can be rubbed off.

RobinFriday

Nov 12, 2012
Plymouth
Yeah I am opening a case for a refund I guess..I would rather my money back and a "normal" meadows /199 this just seems too odd..I'm not sure i could move it even if it was a rare error so..back he goes..and I hunt again for my meadows

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
So "Jimmy Graham" and "Robin Friday" are the same person? I thought you couldn't have multiple accounts here?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
So "Jimmy Graham" and "Robin Friday" are the same person? I thought you couldn't have multiple accounts here?

I was thinking the same thing. If that is the case, I find it weird he was speaking of himself in the third person. But with 2 accounts is it more like 3^2? So he was actually speaking in 9th person?

RobinFriday

Nov 12, 2012
Plymouth
No no I asked jimmy to post the question for me..then I joined fcb to post the pics..we work together installing tile and marble an split tables at shows

50thRoundPick

Nov 22, 2011
Little known but true fact: the 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft USA *base* autos are rarer than the refractor autos /199. Just ask any set builder.

Members online