Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hamilton movie director named. So who should play Hamilton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No word yet who will play Josh Hamilton in the upcoming movie, but some new information today from ESPN.com:

ESPN today learned that Casey Affleck, Ben's brother, will write and direct the feature film about free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton's life.

Relativity Media bought the film rights, and the rights to Hamilton's biography, "Beyond Belief: Finding the Strength to Come Back," which Hamilton co-authored with Tim Keown.

Thunder Road Pictures' Kent Kubena will be the executive producer, with Hamilton and his wife, Katie, co-producing with business manager, Steve Reed, an arrangement that was reported in June. Back then, the Hamiltons said through a statement that they would be "an integral part of the film's creative direction and accuracy as the project develops."

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
This guy:

Taylor-Lautner-Shirtless-Twilight.jpg

Not only do you get the sports freak in the seats but he is forced to drag his daughter with him.

I think it would be better to make a movie after his career is over.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Not to burst your bubble but this has been known for several months (about Casey Affleck). Maybe the deal just wasn't official yet.

As far as who should play Hamilton? It would be much more realistic in my eyes if they found an unknown (like they have done for Jackie Robinson in 42). There's someone out there that looks like Josh and has baseball/acting skills.

For S&Gs if they had to pick a known actor:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1093951/

Just saw him in Savages. He's pretty ripped now. If he can swing a bat, he could be Hamilton.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I really hope they make the HR derby a pivotal point of the film. It will give most of the movie theaters goosebumps.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
This guy:

Taylor-Lautner-Shirtless-Twilight.jpg

Not only do you get the sports freak in the seats but he is forced to drag his daughter with him.

I think it would be better to make a movie after his career is over.

That dude is super short though. How tall is Hamilton. Also I'm pretty sure its proven that Hamilton wears a gurtle

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts