Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlins sign Juan Pierre....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

...then immediately trade him to...just kidding

Seriously what's the point to the signing him if they are doing it on the cheap next year...Stanton or Morrison trade pending?

From Roto:

Marlins signed OF Juan Pierre to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.

On the surface, it seems like a solid deal for both parties. The Marlins get an inexpensive veteran who should provide a strong presence at the top of the lineup, while Pierre receives the opportunity to secure everyday at-bats. The 35-year-old outfielder offers little in the power department, but Pierre is a strong three-category contributor in fantasy leagues and should have no difficulty accumulating 40 or more steals in 2013.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Juan Pierre just might make it to 3000 hits (he's at 2141 but is just 34). If he does, he'll become the worst player ever to make it.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
As a fan of Stanton, I hope he gets traded. I would be pissed off too if they traded away every other big league quality player on the team.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Before the end of the offseason (probably by the time the Winter Meetings happen at the beginning of next month), I believe Nolasco, Dunn, Coghlan & LoMo will be dealt.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Is Charlie Hough alive?

Serious question.

We need innings ate, and knuckleballers dont age right?

I'm so sad. :(

Members online