Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Fleer Retro Football by Upper Deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Just saw that D&A is preselling this stuff for stupid jack. The basketball thing couldn't possibly happen again, could it? Can't find any other presell prices, are there any?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
90's basketball inserts are their own little animal. I don't think any other sport could do it as well. Just my take though.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
90's basketball inserts are their own little animal. I don't think any other sport could do it as well. Just my take though.

Yeah, I do not think there is any debating that, but....

Football cards with respect to the recent RC crops have been all but dominating the entire hobby. What this product may lack in ala Jordan/LeBron it is, in my humble opinion, going to make up for with a stellar RC and young star checklist. So I do see it is going to be a different animal, but I believe it is going to do extremely well.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, I do not think there is any debating that, but....

Football cards with respect to the recent RC crops have been all but dominating the entire hobby. What this product may lack in ala Jordan/LeBron it is, in my humble opinion, going to make up for with a stellar RC and young star checklist. So I do see it is going to be a different animal, but I believe it is going to do extremely well.

I think D&A was around 350 a box.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
What retro set does fleer football have worth a XXXX?

It's a Upper Deck set of today's & former players done in an assortment of old Fleer designs. They did it in basketball earlier in the year & boxes went to like a billion dollars each. Unautographed inserts sell for thousands.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Yeah, I can't think of a Fleer design that people would buy into as much as the basketball versions. PMGs and the Skybox Autographics will be cool if they go with those.

What they should do is a throwback to the 1991 Pro Visions. Those were BA. Have 'em auto'ed on card too.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, I can't think of a Fleer design that people would buy into as much as the basketball versions. PMGs and the Skybox Autographics will be cool if they go with those.

What they should do is a throwback to the 1991 Pro Visions. Those were BA. Have 'em auto'ed on card too.

Yes! Rookie Sensations too! I remember busting Jumbo boxes in search of the Frank Thomas holy Grail lol....

They're actually bringing the hoops inserts over to football, Jambalaya for example. Desparation by UD for sure, but it just might work? We'll see i guess.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I'm sure the stuff will be a hit but it's still an NCAA set. There seems to be more college football collectors than basketball but football collectors overall seem more NCAA averse. And does anyone have any money left after Chrome this year? I'll probably pick up a few Richardson inserts. I also agree with using the old SkyBox Autographics design(s). Those where nice cards for their time. The auto'd PV card idea would be pretty cool too. Some of the foil inserts from 1994 Ultra would also be really nice to see again. Also some nice Flair designs.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I don't know... if one of my guys had a Jambalaya, I'd definitely get after it. Then again, I'm not sure a single Hawkeye will make the set...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I'm sure the stuff will be a hit but it's still an NCAA set. There seems to be more college football collectors than basketball but football collectors overall seem more NCAA averse. And does anyone have any money left after Chrome this year? I'll probably pick up a few Richardson inserts. I also agree with using the old SkyBox Autographics design(s). Those where nice cards for their time. The auto'd PV card idea would be pretty cool too. Some of the foil inserts from 1994 Ultra would also be really nice to see again. Also some nice Flair designs.

yeah with NCAA stuff, it's hard to care past more than one or two players from a school someone's a fan of. though it would be fun seeing someone trying to claim "mississippi valley state" and "marshall" for group case breaks of rookies.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I don't know... if one of my guys had a Jambalaya, I'd definitely get after it. Then again, I'm not sure a single Hawkeye will make the set...

THey need to make the set more football themed, instead of Jambalaya how about Fumblaya with the top fumblers in the league?

whackspacks

Jul 17, 2012
I'd pick up a Bo Jackson or Cam Jambalaya or PMG or etc..but bust this at 350+ a box..?
Tie your shoes..you're trippin'

Members online

Latest posts