Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fedor v/s Couture at UFC 100?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I was reading a yahoo mailbag and a person wrote in about this fight happening and the writer comfirmed that the fight has been talked about and it mine happen now that Couture is not champion.Affiction has also been rumored to have had discussions with White about getting Fedor in 1 fight contract.

Any thoughts on this?I really am not that excited about the match as i was maybe a year ago.I think Fedor would make Couture look silly.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well,

Unless Dana has competely about-faced on paying Fedor the money he wants/is worth, I think its all just speculation and the wishings of thousands of us fans.

Honestly though, I dont know if I want to see this fight anymore, or if it is something that, realisitcally, is going to happen.

Its obvious Fedor can obliterate Randy, just as he did Andre and Tim.

I think its a bad choice for Randy at this point.

It only benefits Randy because theres a chance he can do what no other fighter has been able to do..."Beat Fedor by decision"

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I agree 100%,I believe,if Fedor is going to sign a 1 fight contract with ufc.I don't want it to be against a 44 year guy who is 16-9 overall.I would rather see Fedor against Brock.

G

No way this is happening.

Handy is fighting Big Nog at UFC 101.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Its not gonna happen. Like Sam said, Randy and Nogueira are fighting (at least it seems Randy has agreed and they are waiting on Nog right now)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
HPC said:
Well,

Unless Dana has competely about-faced on paying Fedor the money he wants/is worth, I think its all just speculation and the wishings of thousands of us fans.

It was never about the money. Dana offered him more money than all the other organizations. The problem was that Fedor only wanted a 1 fight contract or the ability to fight in other organizations. The UFC couldn't risk him beating Coture, getting the belt and then going elsewhere.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
kdailey4315 said:
HPC said:
Well,

It was never about the money. Dana offered him more money than all the other organizations. The problem was that Fedor only wanted a 1 fight contract or the ability to fight in other organizations. The UFC couldn't risk him beating Coture, getting the belt and then going elsewhere.

That's opposite of what I have been reading for like the last year.

I have been reading that Dana offered him a $300,000 dollar contract, with the usual slave type of contract. No Sambo tourney, no non UFC authorized movies, etc. Fedor said I don't need that ****, no go.

Then Fedors people made a counter offer and said that if you build an arena in Russia we will sign.

In all honesty, Fedor would be STUPID to sign with the UFC. There is so much more money to be made by him all over the world. No need for him to be locked into a slave contract. And I say slave contract because that's the term I have heard fighters use for them.

Members online

Latest posts