Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Jays Trade In The Works?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
A local talk radio host is suggesting the Blue Jays might do well to package JP Arencibia and Colby Rasmus to try to land another SP or elite 2B.

Saw this on Twitter this evening.
Interesting...
uploadfromtaptalk1353634180082.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Isn't that the Dallas db who voted for Michael Young as MVP last year? The above trade is unlikely to happen. All of the Jays' moves have been out of left field. I don't think some hack has any insider info. I'd hate to see RR & JPA go.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If Romero is involved in any deal, I'd see him going for a legit CF. What about him for Span straight up ?

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Not crazy - I read a package involving JP or D'Arnaud and some of the other Jays pieces for Dickey would work if the Jays were given the opportunity to try and work out a long term (4-5 year) deal with Dickey. Makes sense for both teams.

No offense but that is a terrible deal. Dickey is 38, going to the AL east which is a considerably tougher division. Not to mention that he would be playing in a dome that is not favorable to the knuckleball. I just don't see him getting a 4-5 yr deal at his age anywhere.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
No offense but that is a terrible deal. Dickey is 38, going to the AL east which is a considerably tougher division. Not to mention that he would be playing in a dome that is not favorable to the knuckleball. I just don't see him getting a 4-5 yr deal at his age anywhere.

He's a knuckle baller and, 38 or not, just won the Cy Young. Knuckle ball pitchers can often pitch well into their 40's (hell Phil Niekro pitched until he was 48!) and there's nothing to suggest Dickey can't have another strong 4 years.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
He's a knuckle baller and, 38 or not, just won the Cy Young. Knuckle ball pitchers can often pitch well into their 40's (hell Phil Niekro pitched until he was 48!) and there's nothing to suggest Dickey can't have another strong 4 years.
No doubt, he had a great year. Buying in on someone after a career year is never the best thing. He might have another couple good years. But there is no guarantee that he will be as effective in year 3 or 4 of any deal. Niekro/Hough are the exceptions so I wouldn't compare Dickey to them. There are a few others that pitched well into their 40's but it is more rare than people think. Most didn't exactly have great numbers through those years. Niekro/Hough threw the knuckleball throughout their careers, RA only started after 10 years of being a fringe player. Being able to continue that success will be a very tough task, I'm not sure if I would spend big to deal for Dickey. High risk/High reward.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I dont see Rasmus getting traded. Dickey is too much of a risk. I would keep JP and trade Travis.
Or just trade Buck now and wait and see on JP and Travis. Also elite 2B are far and few good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts