Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever have this happen? Ebay related

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
So last night a seller had 2 items ending in which I was interested in. The two items were ending about 3 minutes apart. These were auto's #'d out of 50, both from the same player just different variations. I had a snipe on the first at $67 thinking that would be enough and lost with the winning bid being $68. No big deal, so I go and raise my snipe to $80 on the second item only to lose out at $81. Now I'm not complaining that I lost either item here. I thought I had a chance at both pieces since they had a bad title, but I felt they could go anywhere from $50 to $100+.

About an hour after the second item ended I get an email from the seller stating:

"Hi the winner of the auction wanted to know if you were still interested in the this piece at your $80 bid because he wants to bid on one of the other ones that I have ending on Sunday, you have no obligation to do so but if you want it lmk, he has asked me to ask you."

Here is my dilemma; I am going after the same 2 things this seller is wanting on Sunday. There are auto's from the same player as above only numbered out of /23. I do however still would like to have the piece in question from last night, but at this point I'm not that interested in it at the $80 in which I bid and lost.

What would you do here?

a.) Leave the item in question to the seller and hope this limits the amount that he is able to spend on them. Possibly giving me a better chance at winning both items.

or

b.) Take the item from last night (as I have never seen on ebay in 6 years) and leaving me low on funds for the 2 on Sunday.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Thanks. I think that is what I will do. It kind of feels like I may have gotten shilled and the seller was hoping his items would sell for more.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'd tell him that I'd take it for the lowest price you would have gotten it for had the original winner not bid.

This is what I would do. Why bid if you're not going to pay? Its that buyers fault, and he should pay what he's obligated to. If the seller or the buyer don't like it, well tough tinsil.

Latest posts