Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tommy Hanson and Jordan Walden swapping teams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Love the trade for the Angels...wow. I know Hanson's stock has gone down, but I still think that's a steal.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Braves should've pushed hard to land Justin Upton. They could've shipped Hanson, Pastornick, and two players from this pool Ahmed/Spruill/Gilmartin/Sims/Graham/Northcraft to get it done.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
can't move sims yet

Gillmartin wouldn't have moved either.

They are high on Spruill

the rest are meh

forgot Sims was 2012 product. You wouldn't move Spruill and Gilmartin for Justin Upton with the plethora of arms your farm system has? And I thought J.R. Graham was one of the better arms in your system.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Braves should've pushed hard to land Justin Upton. They could've shipped Hanson, Pastornick, and two players from this pool Ahmed/Spruill/Gilmartin/Sims/Graham/Northcraft to get it done.
Uh. No. Not even close.

This all depends on how tommy pitches next year. It also frees up about 4 mil fro the Braves and allows Terehan and Delgado to pitch in ATL

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
forgot Sims was 2012 product. You wouldn't move Spruill and Gilmartin for Justin Upton with the plethora of arms your farm system has? And I thought J.R. Graham was one of the better arms in your system.

Spurill for some reason is a favorite of the front office. Although I have seen him get away with stuff that other players wouldn't. It could be that they tire of some of his antics. It could also be that he grows up and stops smashing his pitching hand into walls over a chick.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Good trade for the Angels!

Although, I'm not sure why people (here and other sites I read) think the Dbacks would let Upton go for anything but an "elite" starting pitcher.

While I like Hanson and he is really good, he's nowhere near "elite"

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Good deal for the Braves. Was Hanson's value considerable higher in the past, yes, but he and his shoulder are trouble. Maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt will give him some wings.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Good deal for LA, though if Walden gets his heater back, the Braves bullpen goes from great to incredible.

Walden's fastball still sits b/n 95 and 97...his main problem has been command and inability to develop a consistent off speed pitch.

Members online