Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger Maris 2005 Absiolute Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
um yea... this has to be fake right? Card /100 and this one happens to be lucky enough to have a button on it? LOL... I don't know the product nearly as well as some on this board but I say no way.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Uhhhhh...can anyone say HELL NO, BUT NO!! I have a few buttons from this set, and I also know pretty much whats what with this set in general..and there isnt a good way to say it but..Fake as a 3 dollar bill!! period............:benson:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I Follow the set very closely and have followed Amps-Cards for a long time. He sold many many fake patches and then when people started to speak up more Amps-cards disappeared and he opened up a new account, Years later He started using the account again but with less fakes. As for the Maris Button it sold back in 2007 for 455.00 . Here is a discription of the listing back then:

I DONT KNOW W TO START WITH THIS CARD I PULLED THIS CARD FROM A CASE OF 05 ABSOLUTE TOTT UPDATE, THE CARD FEATURE AN ACTUAL BUTTON OFF OF THE FRONT OF A MARIS YANKEES JERSEY, IT PUZZLES ME WHY IT DOESNT STATE THAT IT IS A BUTTON ON THE FRONT OF THE CARD AND IS NUMBERERD AS A REGULAR MARIS JERSEY OUT OF THE SET (62/100), I HAVE PERSONALLY SPOKE WITH INSIDERS AT BECKETT AND HAVE SENT THEM SCANS OF THE CARD THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED IN USING IN AN UPCOMING ISSUE, T GUESS BASICALLY WAS THAT SOMEONE PLACED THE WRONG SWATCH ON THE WRONG CARD AND WENT UN-NOTICED, THE PHOTO MAY NOT BE THAT CLEAR BUT THE STITCHES ON THIS BUTTON ARE ACTUALLY TINTED YELLOW FROM AGE AND AS A MARIS COLLECTOR THIS WAS MY CENTERPIECE ... THE CARD IS IN GREAT CONDITION. IF YOU ARE A ROGER MARIS COLLECTOR PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS AS I AM GETTING RID OF ALOT OF MY MARIS COLLECTION.... ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME THROUGH EBAY OR AT ... THANKS AND GOOD LUCK

I believe beckett did have an article in their mag about the card and I cannot remember if they proved or disproved the card? I will try and find the article. I want to say they found out that, yes it is legit and the Donruss claimed it was from Back pants Pocket? Dont quote me on this as this may have been another item im thinking of. Ill try and find becket article.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The Crazy Part is if its not from pants or fake and was accidently placed from a different player (Or on purpose to create buzz), the only other buttons that small (That I have seen) are Ruth Buttons with almost similiar stitching. Problem is the Jersey or Pants behind the Button is too similar to the Jumbo Pieces on maris Absolute Jumbo Jersey pictured in Kansas Athlectics uniform.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts