Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Found some Topps 2000 baseball...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
It's not like I found a Wagner fold out card or anything, but I just came across a pile of Topps 2000 baseball in my basement.

There was so much talent in, and coming to, the league in 2000 no wonder collecting was so much fun. This was, of course, before we knew why so many of the players were so good.

Just a small sample of the cards I found...

2000-2.jpg

The Griffey is a jumbo box loader.

Some of the guys about to come on to the scene...

2000-1.jpg

Anyway...they made me nostalgic so I figured I would share them. I had almost forgotten how many great players came through the Indians organization in the early 2000's.

Thanks.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I got back into the hobby at the end of 2000. I busted a ton of that stuff (mostly retail) but I don't think I ever really hit anything like a GU or auto.
Thanks for the memories!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I had a Zito/Sheets Topps Chrome refractor from a random pack I opened, which at the time was total hotness. I think I sold or traded it for $30, which was a 1000% profit for me, but might've been able to get more. Either way, I feel pretty good about it now.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I had a Zito/Sheets Topps Chrome refractor from a random pack I opened, which at the time was total hotness. I think I sold or traded it for $30, which was a 1000% profit for me, but might've been able to get more. Either way, I feel pretty good about it now.

I know. I was convinced that the Zito/Sheets card was going to be iconic. Well, I guess it is, just not in the way I had hoped.

Members online

No members online now.