Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF autos #229 and 230

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The recent addition of Jacob Ruppert to the Hall of Fame puts me at 230 different HOF autos. I have three autos of Ruppert, but they are all part of documents signed by other HOFers, like this contract (which is signed on the verso by Ban Johnson).

Ruppert.jpg

This made me realize that I hadn't yet shown off number 229. Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown was injured in a farm accident as a child, but the result was a pitching hand that gave him extra movement on the ball. He is a tough auto, and he signed this 1944 Chicago Cubs program that he most likely attended in order to promote war bonds. It is also signed by his longtime battery mate, Jimmy Archer, who interestingly also injured his throwing arm in his youth.

Brown-1.jpg

Saving up and on the lookout for number 231.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Woo hoo Wayne!! Well done- you only have 70 to go ;)....who's next??

Always loved reading about 3-Finger Brown as a kid. Was intrigued how he was able to pitch with only 3 fingers.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments guys.

Woo hoo Wayne!! Well done- you only have 70 to go ;)....who's next??

I am currently eyeing two different auctions ending next week. We will see if ending prices will allow me to grab one of them.

Members online