Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Michael young to philadelphia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009
According to bob nightingale the deal is done. Looks like Josh lindblom and lisalverto Bonilla going to Texas.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm pretty critical of the Phillies front office decisions but I actually like this trade. Don't know much about Bonilla but it appears they didn't give up too much. I really think Young will fit nicely in between Utley and Howard.

Revere
Utley
Young
Howard
Ruiz
Rollins
Mayberry
Brown

They should really find another RH power bat for the OF.

Or make a splash and sign Hamilton.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
AND we got Hamilton's drug mule!

HOOKERS AND BLOW FOR ALL!

While many defenders of Young point to his .277 average as only being barely sub-par, they fail to focus on the makeup of those hits, which are almost exclusively singles. Michael struggled with his bat speed in 2012, which led to his normal opposite-field line drive power dwindling.

Combine very little power with his typically low walk rate, and Young had his worst on-base percentage in 10 years last season. Given his lack of range in the field, and his inability to produce at the plate in the designated hitter role led to Young being marked as the worst player and second worst player in the bigs last season according to FanGraphs and Baseball-Reference per their respective Wins Above Replacement stat, commonly referenced in MLB front offices as a fair barometer of performance.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Yeah, didn't give up much for this one. Wasn't impressed by Lindblom last year and Young fills a major need. Not a long term option, but a good fill in. Kudos to Amaro on this one. He gave up too much for Revere, but this one works for me.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yeah, didn't give up much for this one. Wasn't impressed by Lindblom last year and Young fills a major need. Not a long term option, but a good fill in. Kudos to Amaro on this one. He gave up too much for Revere, but this one works for me.

I have a feeling Mr. Young will have a monster year for the Phillies, somewhere in the .315-.320 range seems about right. Excellent pick up

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Sweet deal. Also i have his auto!
YOUNGMICHAEL1.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I really think they should try to trade for someone like Michael Cuddyer. If Nick Swisher hasn't found a sucker to give him 3 years/$39 million (a la Red Sox/Victorino), maybe the Phillies can grab him on a 1 year/$10 million deal.

Or they could just give up their entire farm for Giancarlo Stanton. I would. Let's see - Domonic Brown, Jesse Biddle, Larry Greene, and Brady Colvin. That could get it done.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I really think they should try to trade for someone like Michael Cuddyer. If Nick Swisher hasn't found a sucker to give him 3 years/$39 million (a la Red Sox/Victorino), maybe the Phillies can grab him on a 1 year/$10 million deal.

Or they could just give up their entire farm for Giancarlo Stanton. I would. Let's see - Domonic Brown, Jesse Biddle, Larry Greene, and Brady Colvin. That could get it done.

I would do that deal.

Members online

Latest posts