Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wrigley Field giveaway cards with question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I know these cards were giveaways at Wrigley throughout the year and I have seen some of them auto'd. Anyone know if there is an auto'd version of this Dunston

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have the Lee Smith unautographed version (FS if anyone needs it) and I believe a small number of each card in this series was autographed. I believe the number is probably 100 or less and Dunston was no exception. I believe these to be pretty scarce since they were given away exclusively at Wrigley, I am sure those who received them probably didn't realize what they had.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Cubs fans I have a question

I have the Lee Smith unautographed version (FS if anyone needs it) and I believe a small number of each card in this series was autographed. I believe the number is probably 100 or less and Dunston was no exception. I believe these to be pretty scarce since they were given away exclusively at Wrigley, I am sure those who received them probably didn't realize what they had.

This is kind of what I thought. I have been looking for one for years but have yet to see one and that's why I asked.

There was a guy on here that was doing the set but I forget his name. I want to say it was something like George K or so

mchenrycards

I remember seeing the poster doing this set as well but for the life of me cannot remember who it was. I dont remember seeing if he had any autographed versions of these cards but I know he had almost all of the set at that time.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

I remember seeing the poster doing this set as well but for the life of me cannot remember who it was. I dont remember seeing if he had any autographed versions of these cards but I know he had almost all of the set at that time.

I also have a Fergie Jenkins and Bobby Hill both from different years but stadium giveaways as well. I think they ran it for about 3-4 years

mchenrycards

You are right, they did run it for awhile with different sponsors. The Smith I have is sponsored by CLTV and MBNA bank and numbered out of 20,000. The funny thing is out of the 20K that were distributed, I wonder how many actually are left since many were left on the floor of the ballpark.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Here are the other 2 I have. The Fergie doesn't have the Wrigley Edition stamp like the other 2 but is packaged the same

ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355024187.888961.jpg

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

The Dunston and Hill are both #/20000 but the Fergie is #30000 and the font is a little different

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

Found a few more on eBay. Milt Pappas and this Ron Santo
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355064311.025151.jpg

So how would I find out the whole checklist for this?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I have a Pappas and Pafko, I'll have to see what others I have, I want to say Choi but I'll look.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I found him on the old software. Does anyone know if he is on the new site?
This is the guy who was collecting these I believe

ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355066435.723353.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The ones I know...

Team%2BIssue%2B2004%2BDunston.jpg
Team%2BIssue%2B2004%2BPrior.jpg

Team%2BIssue%2B2003%2BHill.jpg
Team%2BIssue%2B2003%2BChoi.jpg
Team%2BIssue%2B2003%2BBeckert.jpg

Team%2BIssue%2B2003%2BMadlock.jpg