Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is there no love for the Onyx Draft cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I put a small bid in for Dan Vogelback and won it - without trying. Received the card -it's chipped to hell, but other than that, the card is absolutely beautiful. Why does this product get no love/no buzz here?

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
They're not licensed so they look like early 90s Post cereal cards.

And that is never a good thing. When everything has that awful air-brushed logo-less design it just cheapens the product tenfold.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Call me crazy; this is a nice card.

Doesn't Leaf get a lot of love?

$(KGrHqJ,!iQE+qvY5etSBQJJryymrw~~60_1.JPG

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I think Onyx cards look better than Panini stuff, but I still prefer Leaf for unlicensed. The Leaf brand gets a lot of attention around here, but the cards (as far as baseball prospect stuff goes) don't really get much love IMO.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Good question - only have one, but I love the look of my Scooter auto compared to the rest of the unlicensed cards out there.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I'm shocked they have managed to stay in business this long.
I never hear of anyone opening their products, even on BO no one opens the stuff.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I put a small bid in for Dan Vogelback and won it - without trying. Received the card -it's chipped to hell, but other than that, the card is absolutely beautiful. Why does this product get no love/no buzz here?

Its likely at least partially because its in the vested financial interest of many investors to promote a single (or just a few) products.

That is a nice looking card, at least as nice as what any other manufacturer puts out.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I'm shocked they have managed to stay in business this long.
I never hear of anyone opening their products, even on BO no one opens the stuff.

I use Chris at Cards Infinity as a good judge of what people will buy... he has a good cross section of the collecting hobby. Those guys will rip just about anything.... Garbage Pail Kids, Star Wars, Auto Jersey products, Auto Helmet and pretty much any sports cards... new and old. I dont remember seeing a single Onyx product being opened.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Call me crazy; this is a nice card.

Doesn't Leaf get a lot of love?

$(KGrHqJ,!iQE+qvY5etSBQJJryymrw~~60_1.JPG

Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and thats not a bad thing. I think its ugly personally but its not my card. If you're happy with it, and you think it looks good, thats all that really matters when it comes down to it.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
This doesn't address ROI and increased risk of selecting the 'wrong' brand.

Of course it adresses ROI. People buy chrome and then people buy sterling/panini/leaf/eee and if you are buying at the right price point, you're making money. I'm not guessing, I actually know this works. Onyx is not at that level but it has nothing to do with investors not wanting choice.

i believe its people like you who would like choice limited.

every single investment is a risk.

Members online

Latest posts