Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canon SCANNER - CanoScan ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I know many of you know or have tried different scanners for baseball cards. What do you recommend, looking to purchase one today? I have heard a CanoScan 4000 to 9000f is good, is this true? Any pros and cons.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
I just got the Canoscan 5600F installed this week and while i'm still working on the lighting to get the cards to come out right (more specifically on Chrome Cards) I really like it. It gives a good picture on the scan. Like I said, i've had mine installed for a few days but so far, i really like it!

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I just got the Canoscan 5600F installed this week and while i'm still working on the lighting to get the cards to come out right (more specifically on Chrome Cards) I really like it. It gives a good picture on the scan. Like I said, i've had mine installed for a few days but so far, i really like it!
Ok great, I see that one on Amazon and the 9000F which is over double the price. How is the scanning software included? How many cards can you scan at once and is it pretty quick?

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
Ok great, I see that one on Amazon and the 9000F which is over double the price. How is the scanning software included? How many cards can you scan at once and is it pretty quick?

Comes with a disk to download on your computer, takes about 5-10 minutes to have it all installed and working. Cards wise, I haven't tried to fill it yet but you should be able to get between 9-12 in there comfortably (depending on the size obviously). Time wise, yea it scans pretty fast. I haven't had a scanner in years so I don't have anything to compare it to but I have felt the speed has been adequate. Hope that helps!

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Comes with a disk to download on your computer, takes about 5-10 minutes to have it all installed and working. Cards wise, I haven't tried to fill it yet but you should be able to get between 9-12 in there comfortably (depending on the size obviously). Time wise, yea it scans pretty fast. I haven't had a scanner in years so I don't have anything to compare it to but I have felt the speed has been adequate. Hope that helps!

Great I usually put my cards in top loads and scan so they are straight and fit nicely. I used to be able to do 8 cards in my current scanner, but now scratched and can only do 4.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I have had a 670 for a long time. Great piece of equipment. I take it with me every summer to NC and it always comes back perfect. When it comes to optics you can't beat Cannon!

Kevin

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
OK after further deliberation, I am trying to cancel my order of the 5600f and get the 8800f. Does anyone have the 5600f and know how fast it is, several have said it is slow, but I don't know what to base this off of.

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
OK after further deliberation, I am trying to cancel my order of the 5600f and get the 8800f. Does anyone have the 5600f and know how fast it is, several have said it is slow, but I don't know what to base this off of.

I have the 5600f and while I have nothing to compare to, but I think it processes and scans fast. I guess I'm never in any hurry so the speed doesn't bother me but like I said, I think it's quick

Members online

Latest posts