Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Patch Makers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I have been wondering this for a while. Guys like Kevin Burge create these fake patch cards with unreal patches that are clearly fake. The second you pull up the auction, you know it is fake. You do not even have to think about it. Despite this, these people still make a TON of money. Take for instance some fake patch cards Burge (peopleschoice) made out of the Topps Sterling 2009 patches. It is clear he bought single colored ones and replaced it with these unreal patches. Despite this they still go for tons of money (not the amount a patch (if real) like that should) but still get around the same amount regular patches get from that set, like 160-200.
What type of people are bidding on these? I really do not get it. I feel like everyone would say they wouldn't touch these cards with a ten foot pole yet they go for hundreds. Why?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
IndyMann said:
It's very simple. Some people just don't realize fake-patching takes place.

Exactly, the people buying these (for the most part) aren't the hardcore collectors like us who spend hours everyday on hobby message boards, ebay etc.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
G $MONEY$ said:
IndyMann said:
It's very simple. Some people just don't realize fake-patching takes place.

Exactly, the people buying these (for the most part) aren't the hardcore collectors like us who spend hours everyday on hobby message boards, ebay etc.
Exactly. Believe it or not, the hardcore MB posters of the world make up a small percentage of the hobby community. And unfortunately with the new Ebay rules it is impossible to warn buyers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts