Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOFer Auto Pickups - Huggins & Scott

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
The most recent Huggins and Scott Auction ended last night and I ended up picking up more HOFer stuff. Even though I only added two new autos to my collection it is such a cheap way to increase the hoard.

Their auctions are really good and if I had more money I would have bought a ton of stuff. I could have spent $10,000 easily!!

So here are some scans of what I got...

First up is a Wahoo Sam Crawford Auto (needed it). Got it for just under $250:

51514_sam_crawford.jpg

Next up is a lot of 33 HOFer autos. The only one I needed was Goose Goslin (who normally goes for $150-$200), but I thought it was a great lot with Koufax and Medwick being some other good ones. Paid just under $650 for the lot (less than $20 a piece):

51342_koufax_mathews.jpg

51342a_koufax_mathews.jpg

51342b_koufax_mathews.jpg

They had a ton of other cool stuff and I wish I could have bought a lot more of it. I especially wanted this piece, but was a little out of my budget...

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=51706

I would love to hear how you think I did. Thanks for looking!!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Excellent! Lots of great names, crisp/bold signatures. Congrats on a great haul!

H&G always has nice stuff. I recently consigned a lot through them and was very pleased with the outcome.

On the buying side, I was very fortunate to land this poster:

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/pl/51731_mantle_williams.jpg

I can't imagine there being too many single items with this many HOF signatures on it...with room to add more.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I saw that item and was watching it. I thought it was incredible!! Great pickup!!

Excellent! Lots of great names, crisp/bold signatures. Congrats on a great haul!

H&G always has nice stuff. I recently consigned a lot through them and was very pleased with the outcome.

I can't imagine there being too many single items with this many HOF signatures on it...with room to add more.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I am really not a huge fan of the 3x5 autos, but I keep hoarding them hoping that some day I can turn them over to Mike (200lbhockeyplayer) and let him create some customs for me. He does amazing work and a HOFer Auto themed set would just be awesome.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Man, it will be nice to get that package in the mail. Great stuff all around. I think you did very well on the lot of 3x5s. You should check to see if Scott (Mainemule) needs any of those guys, but I doubt he does.

I saw that Crawford in the catalog and am curious as to the "desist" inscription. Any theories?

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Man, it will be nice to get that package in the mail. Great stuff all around. I think you did very well on the lot of 3x5s. You should check to see if Scott (Mainemule) needs any of those guys, but I doubt he does.

I saw that Crawford in the catalog and am curious as to the "desist" inscription. Any theories?

I think the guy must have asked for autographs several times and Wahoo was getting a little fed up.

A_Pharis: I wasn't planning on moving any of it, but everything has its price. It depends on who it is and what you want to spend. Shoot me a PM if you had somwthing in mind.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Truly incredible, congrats on an unbelievable piece.

OP's lot is also pretty incredible.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Nice thinking of me but I do have all of them in PSA slabs. As you know, I do think index cards look great in PSA slabs so another option to 100lb's great customs.

I think the guy must have asked for autographs several times and Wahoo was getting a little fed up.

A_Pharis: I wasn't planning on moving any of it, but everything has its price. It depends on who it is and what you want to spend. Shoot me a PM if you had somwthing in mind.

I have seen other examples of Crawford "scolding" a collector for multiple requests but what is interesting is that he always seemed to provide the autograph with his verbal warning.

Who is the signature bottom left above Joe Sewell? Guessing Al(bert) Chandler but not sure and I did not go to the auction page.

Congrats on the pick-ups!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts