Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Miikka Kiprusoff make NHL History this year???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
For most wins in a season by a goaltender? Currently Kipper has 36 wins in Calgarys 60 games played. The NHL record, held by New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur is 48 wins, which he accomplished in 2006/07. Brodeur took the record away from Flyer great Bernie Parent, who won 47 games in the 1973/74 season. Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo also won 47 games in the 06/07 season. So Calgary has 22 more games for Kipper to get 12 wins to tie and 13 to take the record over. I figure Kipper will play 18-20 of Calgary's final 22 games.

So what do you guys think? Can Kipper do it?

a1puyq.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
While we are at it, might as well post some Miikka Kiprusoff or Martin Brodeur cards, so post em if ya got em!!! :cool:

my favorite Kipper card, 2005/06 The Cup Emblems Of Endorsements /15 :cool:

zsu3bt.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I think he has a very good shot at it and I hope he does. I have always like Kipper.

I don't have any Kipper cards and my only Brodeur is my new dual with Fleury but since you asked here it is again...

2007OPCPremierAutographsDuos.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
I think he has a very good shot at it and I hope he does. I have always like Kipper.

I don't have any Kipper cards and my only Brodeur is my new dual with Fleury but since you asked here it is again...

2007OPCPremierAutographsDuos.jpg

Never get tired of seeing that card, its a thing of beauty ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Terry said:
I was listening via nhl.com. Good game.

Yep, awesome game, i watched it on TV. Kipper was so close to the shut out, Minny scored with only 3 minutes to go.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Just got back from my daily 3am trip to the 7/11 and bought the new Hockey News, wouldn't ya know it, Miikka is on the cover, talking about his chances to win 50.

Jarcar- SWEET Kipper San Jose auto, i need that one!!

20a2v48.jpg

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
If he breaks the record, will he win the Vezina?
I think Mason will get it.

They've got 12 games left (6 home). If the Flames look better near the end of the season, he will sit. Keenan knows the game is about the Cup, not an individual record. But if we're looking at the last game of the season being at least the tying game, I think he would start.
Plus, Van goes on a nice 6 game compressed road trip coming up.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Tough call..Mason has the numbers but the Flames will be third in the west and could make a deep run in the playoffs.

I'd give it to Mason right now myself.

Members online

No members online now.