Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Derick Brooks CUT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 29, 2008
These were some serious cuts. Galloway had been there best WR for 3 years in a row prior to this year. Dunn led them in rushing and Hilliard and June were big parts of their team. I hate seeing Dunn and especially Brooks go but I think it was a good move. These moves gives them something like $60 million in cap space this year and June at 29 was the only one that was younger than 32 years old I believe. Now we can hopefully give Bryant a multi-year deal and make a serious run at Haynesworth. Hopefully getting rid of Galloway and Hilliard means they resign Clayton since along with Bryant is the only WR on the team that had more than 3 receptions.

I hate seeing Icons leave, just like I hated watch Sapp and Lynch go but I certainly think its for the better.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
it is weid to see the pride and joy of the bucs leave like that..brooks, dunn...hell they might as well get rid of barber

Aug 29, 2008
Card Magnet said:
KOBEARODLT said:
it is weid to see the pride and joy of the bucs leave like that..brooks, dunn...hell they might as well get rid of barber
That was a rumor on NFL.com recently.

I'm actually amazed it didn't happen already. While he made some big plays throughout the season he also looked terrible a lot last season. Gave up a lot of big TDs by misreading a double move or just simply slipping(happened at least 4 or 5 times during the year). With Talib looking very solid and Buchannon probably being resigned I'd say Barber is their nickel guy at best.

Members online

Latest posts