Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RA Dickey to the Jays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The Jays seem to be involved in every trade and FA out there. But it seems like they are the best fit prospect wise. Rumors are that a deal is in place, waiting on mystery team to negotiate extension with RA.
TDA, Rasmus/Gose are the likely targets.....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Uh oh......this would be a major coup, if true.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
travis d'arnaud was heavily discussed w/ toronto as well as arencibia. hearing #mets may be landing d'arnaud. unconfirmed

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
So the rotation would be like this?

1. Josh Johnson
2. R.A. Dickey
3. Mark Buehrle
4. Brandon Morrow
5. Ricky Romero

Or are they giving up on Romero?

Then you also have Happ, Drabek, Hutchison, and Cecil.

If I'm the Blue Jays, I'm making one more trade. Trading two of Romero, Happ, Drabek, Hutchison, or Cecil to the Twins for Justin Morneau. How perfect would that be?

Move Lawrie back to 2B, Encarnacion can play 3B, Lind DH, Morneau would be 1B.

Lineup would be

Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Morneau
Encarnacion
Lind
Lawrie
D'Arnaud
Rasmus

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
So basically now, I'm not looking forward to playing the Blue Jays, Rays, Yankees or Red Sox in MLB Show 13 (b/c the game still makes the Yankees and Red Sox ungodly).

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
So the rotation would be like this?

1. Josh Johnson
2. R.A. Dickey
3. Mark Buehrle
4. Brandon Morrow
5. Ricky Romero

Or are they giving up on Romero?

Then you also have Happ, Drabek, Hutchison, and Cecil.

If I'm the Blue Jays, I'm making one more trade. Trading two of Romero, Happ, Drabek, Hutchison, or Cecil to the Twins for Justin Morneau. How perfect would that be?

Move Lawrie back to 2B, Encarnacion can play 3B, Lind DH, Morneau would be 1B.

Lineup would be

Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Morneau
Encarnacion
Lind
Lawrie
D'Arnaud
Rasmus

why would the twins ever do that. and the jays wouldnt trade Romero. his value is at an all time low. as is cecil. so is drabeks! and encarnacion's nickname is E5 for a reason, he isn't playing 3B ever again. and Lind would be a terrible DH. a DH with a OPS that hasn't gotten over .734 in the last three years? no way

WaxPax

Looks like more pieces involved on both sides....Gose & D'arnaud or Arencibia for Dickey & others....I say do it, get Gose & D'arnaud let the young guys play in '13 and look to be better in '14 & beyond

The Blue Jays and Mets are close to agreeing on a trade that would send Dickey to Toronto, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The names in the trade aren't finalized, but outfielder Anthony Gose is likely to be included in the deal. The Mets also are expected to acquire either J.P. Arencibia or Travis d’Arnaud. However, the Blue Jays are looking to get more out of the deal if they surrender d'Arnaud.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#0lK2tVGA8bd7ljd0.99

Uh oh......this would be a major coup, if true.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
travis d'arnaud was heavily discussed w/ toronto as well as arencibia. hearing #mets may be landing d'arnaud. unconfirmed

Members online

Latest posts