Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do you PC and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Shawon Dunston- he was one of my favorite players on the Cubs in the mid 80s. I got a chance to meet him at a local card shop and thought he was the nicest player I had met.

Cubs and Bears- I try to collect what I can from both teams because they're my hometown teams and I grew up watching them both

Jerel Worthy- I know this is a weird one with me being a Bears fan but I just went on a cruise and was watching the Bears vs. Packers game with a bunch of people on the ship and one of them happened to be Jerel's mom. She was so nice and we talked during the whole game. As weird as it is for a Bears fan to PC a Packer I figured I would start one up of him

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Alex Rodriguez: I collected cards as a young person and quit because HS, college, job, wife, kids. Then I saw ARod play when he was having his remarkable 1996 season. I then decided to get back into cards. Since he was the player who influenced me to get back into collecting I decided to PC him. I was way too deep into my collection before all of these negative things about him came out and I am still determined to get all of his cards from the 90's.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Caminiti - Steroids or no steroids, this guy played his heart out every single game. He hated to lose! He is also the only Padre to ever win the MVP award and was apart of the 98 Padres (the best Padres team I've been alive to watch).

Gwynn - I'm a huge Padres fan and he is the ultimate Padre, a hall of famer and an all around great person. Need I say more?

Hoffman - One of the best closers in the game, best change up I've ever seen in my life and a future hall of famer.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Matt Capps after seeing such a large man get down on his knees to sign for kids when in low "A" ball , also Chris Young the pitcher would do the same .

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Glen Perkins - Born in MN, played for the Gophs, drafted by the Twins.

Mike Kingery - Very long story, but he's from the area

Dana Kiekcer - Area guy

Jordan Smith (Indians) - Area guy

I used to have (literally) 15 player collections going at once, but I scaled back a bit.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Nate Colbert...the Padres first "star".

Tony Gwynn...the Padres only "real" star. :)

George Uhle...I won one of his cards from the 1920's in a Net54 contest.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
1969 Mets. My mother worked at Manufacturers Hanover Trust (bank in NYC) and would get free tickets to Mets games. She got tickets 10 rows behind home plate for the 5th game of the '69 World Series and we made a day of it. To this day, it's one of my fondest memories.:cool:

TyCobbSalad

May 26, 2012
Philthadelphia
Andy Van Slyke - loved him as a kid cause he lead the NL in triples...I loved seeing triples, not to mention he has some classic quotes.

Ichiro - just started. Love a guy breaking records hitting singles in the steroid era.

Monta Ellis - just love his play and his attitude.

1933 Goudey Philadelphia players- born and raised.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
Brandon Phillips- He is my favorite player on the team I am a fan of. Phillips has fun playing the game, and that makes him fun to watch.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Adam Wainwright...Closed out the first Cardinals WS Win of my lifetime

Daniel Descalso...Not quite sure. I started picking up 11 Finest Autos, and before I knew it, I had a near rainbow. Considering quitting collecting him.

Giancarlo Stanton...Saw him in Spring Training and he was MASSIVE! Hitting bombs out of BP.

Jacob Turner...He grew up a half-hour from where I live

Cody Asche...Grew up in the same area as Jacob. Met him at the AFL and he gave me a broken bat, and a pair of Batting Gloves.

Also my dad's co-worker's son played high school ball with Turner, and college ball at Mizzou with Kyle Gibson, and Tigers pitcher Tyler Clark (Also met him at the AFL) He was drafted out of high school by the Indians in 09, but went to college.

On a side note, I bought a GU Daniel Descalso Bat at NLCS Game 5 this October, and without knowing, it turned out to be used against Jacob Turner. I was pretty ecstatic. I just hope that Daniel will be at Cardinal Caravan so I can have him sign it!

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
My PC: All players...First-year cards only (licensed).
Why: I've always preferred a player's first cards (as long as I can remember).

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
When I was little I sorted my cards by player and had the most Rickey cards. My uncle has a huge baseball collection of cards bats photos and anything you can imagine. I wanted to have a collection similar to his, but only of Rickey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts