Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Haiku Suspended- Rumors of massive scam emerge.. - Blowout Cards Forums

This thing has gotten to 40 pages now and its only been up since last night. To make a really long story short, a member; "Haiku" was posting on the site, giving away things from cards, headphones, phones all sorts of prizes to random people who bought from him. He was selling highend stuff for pennies on the dollar. Recently he decided to just give away a Matt Stafford Exquisite rookie/patch/auto /99. Probably around $800-$1000 in value. He would have random posts where he would just start sending people paypal. One story tells of a situation where he sold a HUGE lot to someone and when the person was short around $600 on it, he gave him the cards and said not to worry. He was giving out signed game used shoes, worn memorabilia, everything. He built quite the reputation on there and most trusted him.

Well, he decided on December 10 to sell "mystery lots" which he had also become known for (sell a lot for $100 and it would arrive with hundreds of dollars in value in for instance). He was selling $100 lots X10, $200 lots X10, $300 lots X10, all the way up to a "Super Baller Lot" for $5,000 :eek: And people bought them out within a day. He told people that the cards would not ship for 8 days, on December 18. He was suspended the other day and started giving messages to relay onto the masses there through another member. Told them something came up, the cards wouild not be shipped and they should file a claim through paypal to get their money back. That's where its kind of stuck at now apparently.

There are people linking him to elaborate scam groups and all kinds of things at this point. Pretty crazy stuff and now he has said he will be going to Hong Kong for 2 months according to a member who spoke to him. It's a good read if you have a lot of spare time tonight lol...

Last edited:

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Before I was kicked off blowout for quoting a competitors price on their forum, I bought a mystery topps chrome lot from Haiku. He said I should have had no trouble doubling my money and that it had over 300 rookie cards and refractors like pink, camo, etc.

Well I paid $167 for this completely mysterious lot ( I know ballsy right?) and was very unhappy with it. It did not even contain one rookie card of Luck, RG3 or Richarson and the refractors we ho hum. I told him I would have trouble making my money back and he refunded me my money and told me to just keep the cards, but he was very weird about it. He told me to think it over if I wanted a full refund or to return the cards or just have half a refund and keep the cards. Then after about 5 mins of letting me think it over he told me he would just issue me a full refund and told me to keep the cards and he said that he didn't have time for this BS and that he didn't need the money.

It was a very weird transaction. I was then immediately banned because I'm sure he told on me for being on there with a different username even though all I did was quote a competitors price when I was originally banned. Blowout didn't like the fact that I called them out on not matching a competitors price and was banned because of it but o well.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Before I was kicked off blowout for quoting a competitors price on their forum, I bought a mystery topps chrome lot from Haiku. He said I should have had no trouble doubling my money and that it had over 300 rookie cards and refractors like pink, camo, etc.

Well I paid $167 for this completely mysterious lot ( I know ballsy right?) and was very unhappy with it. It did not even contain one rookie card of Luck, RG3 or Richarson and the refractors we ho hum. I told him I would have trouble making my money back and he refunded me my money and told me to just keep the cards, but he was very weird about it. He told me to think it over if I wanted a full refund or to return the cards or just have half a refund and keep the cards. Then after about 5 mins of letting me think it over he told me he would just issue me a full refund and told me to keep the cards and he said that he didn't have time for this BS and that he didn't need the money.

It was a very weird transaction. I was then immediately banned because I'm sure he told on me for being on there with a different username even though all I did was quote a competitors price when I was originally banned. Blowout didn't like the fact that I called them out on not matching a competitors price and was banned because of it but o well.

Sounds exactly like a lot of other peoples stories from the site. So strange that he was always doing things like this but maybe it's coming together now. Did he demand that you post nice things about him after he refunded you? Several people said that they were told by him to say how great he was and how nice of a guy he was.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Sounds exactly like a lot of other peoples stories from the site. So strange that he was always doing things like this but maybe it's coming together now. Did he demand that you post nice things about him after he refunded you? Several people said that they were told by him to say how great he was and how nice of a guy he was.

No he didn't demand anything from me. He was extremely rude in his PM's though.

I received the package and wasn't at all happy with its contents, especially since he said I should have no problem making money on it. I realize I was naive for buying a lot of cards sight unseen, but I was following his amazing deals for quite some time, but never had the money to jump on one. I finally ended up having a little extra dough so I bought this mystery topps chrome lot.

When I first asked him about it, I said give me a little bit of time to compile a list of all the cards in the lot then make a post to see what others think is a fair value for it, so I could determine if he had in fact sent me what he described, "a profitable lot of cards".

So then I begin to make dinner and eat and then I checked my messages and see that he had message me I think 3 or 4 times. He said something along the lines of "hurry up and make a decision I don't like to drag these things out"....I thought this was very weird since he just told me to take my time and make a decision. The other messages said that he would refund me half my money and for me to send the cards back, and the other message said I could just keep cards and he would refund me my money.

I had no time to respond to these messages as I was making dinner when he sent them. I checked my paypal and the refund was there. I just thought it was really strange that he changed his mind so quickly and issued me a refund and told me to keep the cards only an hour after he said it was fine for me to take my time and make a decision.

I then logged on to the forum the day after all this went down and found out I was banned because I was banned previously for quoting a competitors price and was on the forum under a different username.

I truly believe he told on me basically to the mods and I was banned so that I didn't make a post revealing the nature of our deal, that he had told me I would be receiving a lot of cards that would be easy to flip, when in reality I would have lost money on the lot. I wanted to post something about our deal as I thought it was fishy but I was banned and there really wasn't much I could do about it.

I feel a little bad now because I could have warned some people before they got scammed.

If you want to post this on blowout feel free to so people can see a deal that went bad with Haiku and the results.

But no he never asked me to talk nice about him or anything. After our deal I wouldn't have had anything nice to say lol

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Wow the thread over there is unreal! So this guy has scammed people for about 23,000$ and is poof gone just like that??

Thought I recognized some names that got scammed as being members over here. I hope the people that put money out get theirs back. This is pretty bad

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
so he was basically giving great deals & stuff away to gain peoples trust so he could scam people for way more money in the long run????

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
so he was basically giving great deals & stuff away to gain peoples trust so he could scam people for way more money in the long run????

Sounds like he did this on a much grander scale than just Blowout. From reading most of it it seems that there may have been other people involved in setting all of it up over the course of several months

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
No he didn't demand anything from me. He was extremely rude in his PM's though.

I received the package and wasn't at all happy with its contents, especially since he said I should have no problem making money on it. I realize I was naive for buying a lot of cards sight unseen, but I was following his amazing deals for quite some time, but never had the money to jump on one. I finally ended up having a little extra dough so I bought this mystery topps chrome lot.

When I first asked him about it, I said give me a little bit of time to compile a list of all the cards in the lot then make a post to see what others think is a fair value for it, so I could determine if he had in fact sent me what he described, "a profitable lot of cards".

So then I begin to make dinner and eat and then I checked my messages and see that he had message me I think 3 or 4 times. He said something along the lines of "hurry up and make a decision I don't like to drag these things out"....I thought this was very weird since he just told me to take my time and make a decision. The other messages said that he would refund me half my money and for me to send the cards back, and the other message said I could just keep cards and he would refund me my money.

I had no time to respond to these messages as I was making dinner when he sent them. I checked my paypal and the refund was there. I just thought it was really strange that he changed his mind so quickly and issued me a refund and told me to keep the cards only an hour after he said it was fine for me to take my time and make a decision.

I then logged on to the forum the day after all this went down and found out I was banned because I was banned previously for quoting a competitors price and was on the forum under a different username.

I truly believe he told on me basically to the mods and I was banned so that I didn't make a post revealing the nature of our deal, that he had told me I would be receiving a lot of cards that would be easy to flip, when in reality I would have lost money on the lot. I wanted to post something about our deal as I thought it was fishy but I was banned and there really wasn't much I could do about it.

I feel a little bad now because I could have warned some people before they got scammed.

If you want to post this on blowout feel free to so people can see a deal that went bad with Haiku and the results.

But no he never asked me to talk nice about him or anything. After our deal I wouldn't have had anything nice to say lol

I will if you want me to. I kind of wanted to stay out of it cause I'm not sure who to trust on there and who not to right now and if someone starts asking questions about your situation I would hate to get into it with someone.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
Looks like it just came out that one of the cards he gave away, which was a Drew Brees auto patch was indeed a stolen card: One of the nicest things anyone has EVER done for me :D HAIKU STYLE - Page 2 - Blowout Cards Forums

This is getting really ugly fast.

Man, I feel bad for that guy. Although he should have known it was too good to be true, he is clearly excited about that card and he is about to find out it really shouldn't be his. Terrible situation for everyone, even those that "benifited".

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
Mallcopkj- you don't need to share my story on blowout. It's completely up to you. Just thought you might be looking for more evidence of what this member tried to do.

And my situation is pretty simple lol. I was banned for calling out blowout on not matching a price a long time ago that dacardworld had on a box. It was not a sale they were having or anything just the normal price of the box. I asked blowout to match their price since their slogan is "we will match any legitimate competitors price" and they did not.

So I made a thread on the forums asking members if this was a common practice of blowout, not honoring their company's slogan and received a ban for it. Was it dumb of me? Yes. Was it worth getting the ban hammer for? Probably not I was still relatively new to the collecting world and never thought that kind of a post would be frowned upon.

So I made a new screename and everything was fine until that deal with Haiku. I'm pretty sure he ratted me out to the mods and I was banned again.

I didn't do anything terribly wrong to get banned, so don't think I'm a bad person or something just because I was banned. Members that know me on here and other sites and ebay know that Im a good guy.

If you want to share my story then by all means do and if anyone asks you why I was banned you have a clear explanation of why. If you don't want to share it then don't bud, just wanted to add another story to the pile of others tht seem to being making this Haiku guy look more and more suspect

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
The more and more I think about it, what if some of the mods of blowout were on this???

It seems really strange that right after Haiku refunded my money and our deal went sour the mods suspended me the next day. I was on there for at least a month with no problems and then as soon as I do a deal with Haiku and it doesn't go well and I'm about to expose him for not sending what he claimed he would, my account gets suspended??

Just seems weird to me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The more and more I think about it, what if some of the mods of blowout were on this???

It seems really strange that right after Haiku refunded my money and our deal went sour the mods suspended me the next day. I was on there for at least a month with no problems and then as soon as I do a deal with Haiku and it doesn't go well and I'm about to expose him for not sending what he claimed he would, my account gets suspended??

Just seems weird to me.

Could be... F$ck... Mods take home a few G's for just being shady police... Wouldn't be the first time shady sh!t went down somewhere.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Just seems weird to me.

I don't deal on there but have a couple posts (literally probably like 20) when stuff on here is really slow and I'm really bored, but I wouldn't put it past those guys on there honestly. My gut feeling is that I don't think that was the case (or don't want to believe that's the case) but your story definitely is just another mystery in the huge bag of mysteries in this case and against blowout in general. I feel bad for the guy that paid $5K, even if it's regular payment I wonder how paypal will go about refunding a super baller lot of unknown items. I think people should have saw this coming (although they could never forsee when he'd finally scam them) but the thought process doesn't make sense; if this guy is so generous and rich, give stuff away for free, PERIOD. If this guy spends $400 and sells something for $200 or spends $500 and sells it for $300 or sells an $80 for $10, that seems like he's setting something up for the future, which is exactly what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online