Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need advice on card i received today...eBay problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Hey guys, hoping you could give me some advice on a card I recently purchased and received in the mail today. It is a Mike Stanton Blue Refractor Bowman Chrome auto. I bought it for my PC, had no intentions of grading or reselling but when the card came I was thoroughly disappointed in its "rough" condition. There are countless surface scratches on the front and back and the bottom corners are dinged as well. I don't expect mint cards all the time, normally I overlook small flaws even if they're not described in the auction and I've never had to ask for a refund because of condition and that's why I'm asking for advice. What recourse do I have? If I do send the card back could he possibly scam me and what procedures do I need to enact to ensure that I won't be out my $363 AND a card? I will list the eBay auction below with description along with pictures of the card I took today. Thanks for any advice

First his response to my message initially telling him about the damage

I'm sorry you are disapointed. But when I sent it there was no bent corners. Minor surface marks are very common with those cards. Also I'm positive that if it was graded it would be graded at least a mint 9. I don't take refunds, espicially if you are telling me that the back was bent. It wasn't bent prior to me selling it. I can offer you a discount because you are so unsatisfied. I could credit your Paypal account 10 percent if you want? Let me know if that's okay with you. Sorry, Ryan

2008 Bowman Chrome Mike Michael Stanton RC Auto Blue Autograph 150 BV $600 | eBay

AA52BFE0-031E-4251-8A60-0187F08EEF08-8855-00000B0D81038394.jpg

CB97F896-AE95-4B0C-99B1-2EF1AE37176B-8855-00000B0D8BE6D238.jpg

F3D641AE-784E-4CFB-A7B7-4A32B5F887FC-8855-00000B0D935D598D.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
He says condition is mint. From your pics, the card is NM, at best. I would request a significantly higher discount, than $36. If graded, it would get an 8.5 AT BEST. Odds are a 7.5 or 8 though. I'd want at least 25% refunded, or file a claim as not as described. That card is far from mint.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
If it was shipped in the holder that appears in the picture, there is NO WAY the corners could have been damaged upon shipping. I realize the seller obviously knows this as well and is only trying to cover themselves from not listing the condition issues.

I would file an item not as described even if the seller won't offer a refund. You have record that you tried to contact the seller to resolve the issue and it was basically denied. I don't think 10% of the sale is enough to cover the front/back surface scratches and dinged corners. To me, the seller is admitting guilt and knew full well the card was damaged by offering 10% back. Doesn't hurt anything to at least file.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Yes, he shipped the card in the exact one touch. I only opened the top to take pictures. I'm thoroughly disappointed because I really was looking forward to adding this card to my PC. Thanks for the advice.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
If all those scratches look as bad in person as they do in the pic, there is NO WAY that card is anywhere near a 9. That surface is probably a 7.5 at best. I would be pissed if that's what I got, especially since he stated "MINT" in the listing. File an item not as described and ask to return it for a refund in your claim to ebay, and upload the pictures to help your case. Ebay will very likely side with you (they almost always do in these cases, warranted or not, which in this case is warranted IMO). Don't send anything back to the seller until ebay makes a decision and gives you instructions to do so, otherwise you are not guaranteed a refund.

Members online

Latest posts