Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eddie Feigner memorabilia?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I always heard stories about this guy growing up and was recently reading about his accomplishments on the softball field.
From wikipedia:
"Eddie "The King" Feigner (March 25, 1925 – February 9, 2007) was an American softball player. Feigner (pronounced FAY-ner) was born in Walla Walla, Washington as Myrle Vernon King. He first assembled his four-man team, known as "The King and His Court," in 1946 and took on all comers, first in the Pacific Northwest and then around the country; Feigner retired from pitching after suffering a stroke in 2000 but continued to tour with his team, acting as emcee and telling stories while the team played.

The King and His Court touring team played over ten thousand softball games in a hundred countries since the late 1940s and achieved widespread fame similar to that of the Harlem Globetrotters. Feigner's meticulous records claim 9,743 victories, 141,517 strikeouts, 930 no-hitters and 238 perfect games. The Washington Post described him as "the greatest softball pitcher who ever lived."

On February 8, 1967, Feigner appeared in a celebrity charity softball game against many Major League players. In the game Feigner struck out Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Roberto Clemente, Maury Wills, and Harmon Killebrew all in a row.[1]

He is buried in the Huntsville Memory Gardens Cemetery.[2]

"The King and His Court" was a four-man team: pitcher, catcher, first baseman, and shortstop. When asked why the team had four members, Feigner answered that they couldn't play with three: if all three got on base, there would be no one available to come to bat.

The team was satirized on a 2006 episode of the Fox sitcom King of the Hill entitled "You Gotta Believe (In Moderation)" by a team called The Ace of Diamonds and His Jewels."ESPN ranked his team the 8th greatest team all time. If you want to check out something really cool, watch some videos like this on youtube:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/cbbYx_FqtHU[/youtube]

Hunt Auctions offered a ton of his stuff put up by his wife in their latest auction and I was hoping to win something. Here is one really awesome item:
216.jpg

His original jersey with a pair of later dated pants and an auto'd softball. It's at almost $1,000 right now. They had jackets, other uniforms, all sorts of signed stuff, really cool. anyone ever see stuff or own stuff from Feigner?

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Awesome stuff!I love how he was asked 'why do you play with 4 players?'..He answered,We had to because we need a hitter when the bases are loaded.lol,Seems like a really awesome guy.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I saw the King and his Court when i worked for the Cubs. The had an exhibition game between double headers against some Chicago media and these guys were putting softballs into the bleachers with one swing. I have never seen a softball travel that far in my life. I would never have believed it if I didnt see it with my own eyes.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Great stuff. The King and His Court came to Ludington, MI when I was growing up.