Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pierzynski Signs 1 year deal with the Rangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I will miss AJ here on the south side but it was time. I'm Excited for Tyler Flowers to get everyday playing time. Flowers is a definite upgrade defensively with potential power.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm going to really miss him. Even though he's a d-bag, he was our d-bag, and I loved him for it. Unless my memory is failing me (which is often does), that makes Pauly the only surviving member of the WS Champion team.

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Wow how crappy did the Ranger off season turn out. Would have rather resigned Nap.

How does AJ handle a staff? If he can bring out and develop the young inconsistent talent in our pitchers then I will eat crow.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I'm going to really miss him. Even though he's a d-bag, he was our d-bag, and I loved him for it. Unless my memory is failing me (which is often does), that makes Pauly the only surviving member of the WS Champion team.

I love it you are correct he was our D-Bag. I will miss him. As to the WS team you are correct as well Konerko is the only member left as a player as for the coaches only Coop and Baines remain.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
After his great offensive year, I was surprised that he signed a 1-year deal. I figured he was going to turn that into a multi-year deal, which I guess means everyone thought it was a fluke and he thinks he'll have a better chance at a good offensive year and making the playoffs with the Rangers than the White Sox.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
After his great offensive year, I was surprised that he signed a 1-year deal. I figured he was going to turn that into a multi-year deal, which I guess means everyone thought it was a fluke and he thinks he'll have a better chance at a good offensive year and making the playoffs with the Rangers than the White Sox.

I don't think the sox wanted him back. I haven't heard anything lately saying the sox were in talks with AJ or were tyring to resign him. There isn't really a strong market for catchers this offseason.

egon8

Aug 7, 2008
The Sox offered him a one year at $4 mil but ir was like a slap in the face.
The Yankees were "interested" but not really.
He will be the mostly full time catcher and will DH to put Geo "Up in Smoke" Soto some playing time.
I will definitely miss him on the South Side.
He was fun. I guess we rebuild a little with Tyler Flowers.

Members online

Latest posts