Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What did you get hobby-related for Christmas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
What did you receive related to the hobby for Christmas?

I didn't ask for anything, but I was surprised by my mother. A few months back Dave and Adam's had a Mantle single for sale that I went back-and-forth on. Eventually, I noticed it was gone from the site so I figured it sold elsewhere. Ever since then, my mother mentioned that this was the only Christmas I had not asked for something baseball-related.

Well, she tricked me. The card looks great in person; if weren't the bad left corner, it may grade a 7 or so. This is my 2nd vintage Mantle (the other being a 1961 Topps raw).

Untitled.jpg

She also ordered a 2012 Allen and Ginter hobby box, which was so-so. Notables included:

- Yu Darvish RC
- Marmol and Melky Cabrera GU
- Jeremy Hellickson autograph

Despite the fact that I'm 25 my mother is still very generous with Christmas gifts; I also received a few Xbox 360 games and movies, WKU gear and additions to my knife and coin collections.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I know that my grandma got me a box of 2009 Signature Stars. The reason I know this is because my mom, sister, and I help her with everybodies gifts. So the 3 of us know what we are getting from her, and what everybody else is getting :lol:

I know my mom got me a box of cards, but I don't know which one, I'll just be happy to open it tonight!

I also know that my girlfriend bought me a new All-In-One printer/scanner. I know they don't scan as well, but being in college I don't need a highend fancy scanner. I also like to have the printer so I can print PayPal labels.

That's all I know of in advance lol

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I know that my grandma got me a box of 2009 Signature Stars. The reason I know this is because my mom, sister, and I help her with everybodies gifts. So the 3 of us know what we are getting from her, and what everybody else is getting :lol:

I know my mom got me a box of cards, but I don't know which one, I'll just be happy to open it tonight!

I also know that my girlfriend bought me a new All-In-One printer/scanner. I know they don't scan as well, but being in college I don't need a highend fancy scanner. I also like to have the printer so I can print PayPal labels.

That's all I know of in advance lol

My all in one scans pretty well.

TGColor.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Im at work so i cant post pics but i bought this for myself since he became a Brave.

Hologram number BB924330 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BATTING HELMET.

Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT TB
Session Date: October 04, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: RAYS PLAYER UPTON

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sweet Nibblets those pick-ups are nice.

I did a case of Bowman Draft and Prospects.......But then sold some of the teams to my Morning Thread Homies......The case was ok to say the least. But it was a fun rip.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
When eee releases next month, getting several boxes.

Was going for bowman sterling, but decided against it.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Nothing that I know of. I know Theresa knows a bunch of you guys on here and folks on Youtube and other forums I post on and text with, but she never asks and will get me stuff I don't need. I've expressed several times to her if she got a JJ anything, even if I had it, it'd mean the world to me. She did that though for my birthday. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning if she came through for me again :p

marterburn

Got a box of draft, box of bc, & pack of sterling.

Max Fried au in Draft.
Muk o'neill gold ref, johnny Hellweg refractor au & Tyler Skaggs au in bc

Sterling pack:
tyler thornburg ref, Tyler skaggs ref auto, nolan fontana au....and.....

Joey gallo purple ref au!!

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Im at work so i cant post pics but i bought this for myself since he became a Brave.

Hologram number BB924330 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BATTING HELMET.

Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT TB
Session Date: October 04, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: RAYS PLAYER UPTON

Nice! Are you interested in his autos/patches? I decided to stop collecting him so most will be available.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
See post above :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408768.907325.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408768.907325.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408778.768153.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408778.768153.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408789.230458.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1356408789.230458.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 56

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
My dad's girlfriend got me 5 packs of Draft, a box of 2001 Topps, and a 1961 Topps Bob Gibson. Opening the 2001 Topps was a great blast from the past and the '61 Gibson is a beauty!

Members online

Latest posts