Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question over "1/1 error" ARod card - maybe someone here knows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Over on BlowOut, there is a member there that will not accept that his card is not a 1/1 and he believes that it is due to a "mistake" on Topps part that they should correct.

I am of the following opinion:
- It is not a 1/1
- It is an extra copy of the base auto chrome version that was never meant to be signed or distributed

Does anyone have any input in regards to this card? I thought that the collective knowledge on here may be superior to what is there in regards to this matter and with that, the matter may be able to finally be put to rest.

The referenced thread:
Super Rare Arod Autograph Error Question 1:614,088 Packs - Blowout Cards Forums

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I am almost certain it's backdoored. And it's not a 1/1 since I can make one right now by removing the autograph and hologram from most cards. It's not topps fault someone has stolen cards, and they sure as hell don't need to get it signed for the banana.

Is this now the 4 billionth entitled op topic from bo yet?

Last edited:

A_Pharis

Chances are, it's a mistake that was caught by Topps (including the Autograph emblem) when it was probably just meant to be a parallel throwback. They probably stopped the print, but they made it into the packs. Mistake cards make it into packs all of the time...

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Earlier Topps 1/1's had an additional triangular 1/1 hologram on the back. Interesting that there are a couple of them out there.

2007bowmansterlingredrefractorsBS-JQFBACK.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting the differences between here and blow out.

Our leaf/bg pages number in the millions while theres, well, zero.

This a rod thread is 7 pages (it was when I stopped last night) there & 5 REPLIES here.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
The thread over there was the OP arguing with people and being told the same thing over and over.

If you ask for opinions, prepare to receive them.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
Oh...the OP of that thread is a good guy, he just is incapable of accepting the reality of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts