Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps redemption notification.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Just received an email from topps saying I can request a replacement on my Anthony Rendon 1/1 plate auto. How does this process work?? Do you talk to someone regarding options, or do you email them a list of what you would accept??? They said they will send card equal to Beckett value. What would you think it's value should be for a swap? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH
I'm pretty sure, but not 100% that you just ask for a replacement and they choose something to send you that's equal BV.

Obviously there is no BV for a 1/1 plate so they will just take their best guess and send you something.

Many, and I mean many, people don't get a card of equal value. It's all a big chance. Some people are able to request a particular team or player they collect, while others just get a random replacement that's usually not of equal value.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
The process is basically you call up Topps customer service, listen to David Wright talk about how great Topps is for about 10 minutes and when you get someone let them know you want to replace the card. Some people have said the service rep took names of players you would like the card replaced with. But when I have called and asked if they wanted to know what players I collected, they said no and they would replace the card according to Beckett value. I have redemptions now that are able to be replaced but it truly scares me to do it. It's a personal choice type of thing. Either you don't want to wait it out and just want it replaced, or you wait...and wait... and wait... sometimes over a year and if still nothing, call to get it replaced.

I have no clue what the value might be based at for that plate. You could try looking on Ebay completed auctions to see if there is anything similair. But also being a 1/1 plate, beckett won't value it because it's under /25. =/

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
make them send you something rendon

push for an orange, you will probably have to settle for a gold

If they say they can't do that then wait. The rendon plate is a sticker so it's more likely that it will get filled than not.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
Good luck trying to get a "value" down. I talked to a CS rep, Vincent I believe, and came up with a value for a long standing Votto AU Letter Patch 1/1 from 2011 Triple Threads. We agreed on a "value" and was sent a base Harper AU, MUCH less than what we agreed on. Best of luck.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Ask for a replacement and if you don't like what they send you, send it back and ask for another one.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Bowman Platinum, I presume? I've been waiting on the Red Refractor #/25 and the regular refractor since early August, but I'll hold out since he's my PC guy and I think he'll get them signed.

I would replace it if I were you, but that's only if you don't PC him and hate printing plates and sticker autos as much as I do.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Good luck trying to get a "value" down. I talked to a CS rep, Vincent I believe, and came up with a value for a long standing Votto AU Letter Patch 1/1 from 2011 Triple Threads. We agreed on a "value" and was sent a base Harper AU, MUCH less than what we agreed on. Best of luck.

In his defense, I get a better response from Vincent than I do anyone else.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the info. The plates are direct to card no sticker I believe. Topps is doing that it seams now. I'm going to request a replacement and see what they send. I'm sure it will be a disappointment. Does Panini offer replacements? I have like 10 that are like 6-7 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
That is true. My problem wasn't with the response. He got back to me quickly and when he said he would. My issue was with the amount agreed upon not being upheld.

Yeah Topps LOVES to hide behind "well we don't do the redemption fulfillment, a 3rd party does it", to which i promptly responded "so you contract that work to them?"......... "yes we do"...... "then they work for you, so tell them to fu#%ing do it!"

Members online

Latest posts