Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I need some help with a modern card.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Oh, almighty new age card gurus,

As my user name implies (or states outright), I collect Nate Colbert cards. Is there any reason that this card is worth $50.00?

$(KGrHqZ,!l!FCenVbuUSBQ2mHg6cLw~~60_57.JPG

2012 Golden Age Baseball 141 Nate Colbert Black Aqueous Mini 1 1 | eBay

In exchange for your sage wisdom, I offer you rum and cigar! (...and my thanks!)

Jobu.jpg

(This is not my card, but it is pretty cool looking!)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Nope, just a modern day 1/1 with some hype thrown in. Seller seems to accept 50% offers. Maybe you could get it for $20-25?

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
Jobu bring bat good luck. Major League was a pretty epic trilogy (4th a minor league movie?) = Best Baseball Movies ever next to Sandlot. Willie Mays Hayes!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I was pointing the gun at all manufacturers of "buybacks" -- Panini, Leaf, and Topps, assface. Leaf's corporate lips around your manhood still?

This would be a lot easier to believe if you hadn't been so vocal about the buybacks in Memories. Any good points you've made about them have been negated by referencing them in multiple unrelated threads.

And actually, much like you, I only buy Leaf singles, not any unopened product (except for this year's Rose blasters). If BG is blowing me then he's got his lips around the wrong piece.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
As my user name implies (or states outright), I collect Nate Colbert cards. Is there any reason that this card is worth $50.00?

I can think of a few reasons. Nate only has (and I'm guessing you already know) three serial numbered cards, two of which come from this set, and both here happen to be 1/1s.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Also likely, the seller paid a lot for his box of Golden Age and did poorly, and is trying to recoup some of his investment.

$50 really isn't that much money to be concerned about for many people though and isn't a lot for a 1/1, the sale is in the ballpark.

But you're definitely right about sellers in general here and could've played into the amount he chose to sell for, seems he could've asked for more though (?).

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This would be a lot easier to believe if you hadn't been so vocal about the buybacks in Memories. Any good points you've made about them have been negated by referencing them in multiple unrelated threads.

And actually, much like you, I only buy Leaf singles, not any unopened product (except for this year's Rose blasters). If BG is blowing me then he's got his lips around the wrong piece.

I wasn't vocal about the buybacks in Memories. I believe on two occasions before the product was released, I said "They're not buybacks. They're buys." Since the product was released, I haven't commented on it or any other Leaf product. I have plenty of opinions about the product, but I'm not sharing them on this forum. Honestly, I don't care about the company and I'm not investing any time into it. Please, I IMPLORE you, show me a thread that I commented on where I was "so vocal about the buybacks in Memories" beyond what I posted above.

And I don't buy Leaf singles.

I got no more use for this guy...

Last edited:

Latest posts