Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sell it all for PC items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I'm contemplating selling all my cards that aren't Griffey Jr.I think atleast.Feel like i've came to the point that I want to focus 100% on Jr's stuff only.I have alot of stuff I know other collectors would want,everything from low-mid-high..Have you ever done something like this?I know the selling route is COMC,Ebay and here(even though most buyers want prospects).Any other suggestions?

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I say go for it. He has some really nice autographs out there and chances are he makes the Hall of Fame with no ped issues.

If he would have stayed healthy or in Seattle we can only imagine what numbers he would have produced.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I'd always focus on my PC. Other cards, while nice, typicaly don't give me the same satisfaction as my PC and for those reasons I never really collected anything else. This board is so prospect heavy though, I wouldn't be surprised to see others tell you that it's fine to stockpile prospects in the hopes of financing your collection in the future.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I just made that very decision a couple weeks ago. I was maintaining a Kirby Puckett and Justin Morneau pc but I have decided to get rid of all my Justin Morneau stuff. I have listed a few things to gauge interest but I probably won't get rid of it all until the season starts.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I just made that very decision a couple weeks ago. I was maintaining a Kirby Puckett and Justin Morneau pc but I have decided to get rid of all my Justin Morneau stuff. I have listed a few things to gauge interest but I probably won't get rid of it all until the season starts.

There is a big Morneau collector on these boards named Devin. You should contact him if you want to move your Morneau cards.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I thought about doing that with Griffey too, but then came to realize how expensive he is to PC. He's arguably one of the more expensive guys, and to do it right there is some serious coin that needs to be dropped. I decided, instead, to limit my PC of him to on-card autographs only...that really cut out a lot of expensive items (although it's still expensive) and allowed me to maintain a PC outside of Griffey (read: immortal inscriptions and a few other nice cards). I personally thought it might be boring to collect baseball cards of one specific player only, as it can get pretty boring and monotonous to look at nothing but the same person. But, koodos to those that dont mind, it is neat as a griffey collector to see someones collection (like flarick's 1000+ griffey autos) that is very focused. If it were me though, i might keep a few of the non Griffey's....it really rounds out any "collection".

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I thought about doing that with Griffey too, but then came to realize how expensive he is to PC. He's arguably one of the more expensive guys, and to do it right there is some serious coin that needs to be dropped. I decided, instead, to limit my PC of him to on-card autographs only...that really cut out a lot of expensive items (although it's still expensive) and allowed me to maintain a PC outside of Griffey (read: immortal inscriptions and a few other nice cards). I personally thought it might be boring to collect baseball cards of one specific player only, as it can get pretty boring and monotonous to look at nothing but the same person. But, koodos to those that dont mind, it is neat as a griffey collector to see someones collection (like flarick's 1000+ griffey autos) that is very focused. If it were me though, i might keep a few of the non Griffey's....it really rounds out any "collection".

I agree with you that it is expensive to PC Griffey, which is what I have been doing but only cards that I feel I HAVE to have in my collection. I used to be more of a supercollector of his but have downsized my collection to just mostly autos and game used cards. I'm very proud of what I have been able to accomplish in my collection!:p

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I've done it and it's awesome. I grew tired and frustrated with trying to trade online. That and I had boxes of stuff that just sat on shelves. I sold some big stuff (Ebay etc) and then shipped the rest to COMC. Now I just pick up stuff for my player collections and occasionally some stuff to re-sell. The simplicity of my collection and collecting goals is really nice for me. Good luck!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've thought about this but I want to pass my collection onto my kids one day, so selling everything for whatever I can get for them is not something I'm interested in.

I do however sell commons or stuff I just don't want any longer to free up some funds. Nearly 100% of the money I spend on cards goes toward Belle stuff.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
There is a big Morneau collector on these boards named Devin. You should contact him if you want to move your Morneau cards.

Thanks. I have talked to him a few times and I am holding some of my tougher issues(superfractors, plates, 1/1's) for him until he can raise some money.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've thought about ditching everything and just focusing on bags but there is just way too much stuff out there that I enjoy collecting that doesn't pertain to my bags collection. Maybe eventually I might move some stuff but it's doubtful.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Guess im gonna start working on this,already had a few PM's about some low-end autos.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good luck on your quest.. If you haven't talked to Magicpapa, send him a note as I thought he was getting rid of some of his Griffey items and there is a seller on EBAY (YLAF) that I look constantly to see what he is selling.. He used to be "THEEEEE GRIFFEY COLLECTOR" several years ago..

and look for unique items like this one.. When Junior got hurt with the M's jumping into the wall, during rehab, they had him play first base.. This was the glove that he used.. I got this from Buhner's brother as well as some other M's stuff..

glove1.jpg

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Yeah, I say go for it too. I'm sure collecting Griffey is like a full-time job (or even overtime!). He's a hobby in and of himself. You should never get bored as there's always something out there you won't already have. And remember...it takes time to do it right. You may not be able to afford everything out there, but others will try to start a Griffey PC and they will fail, and as long as you stay the course I'm sure we'll all be talking about YOU as THE GRIFFEY COLLECTOR!

Btw, I'm looking for Warren Spahn and 2008 Masterpieces patch and patch autos. I have the 1995 UD SP Griffey auto I'd part with, as well as the 1987 Bellingham Mariners factory sealed set. It just so happens I'm in the process of selling/trading my whole collection to focus on Spahn and the 2008 Masterpieces stuff :)

Members online

Latest posts