Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scanning Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Hey guys, I cannot scan cards for the life of me, I think part of it is my scanner, I have to put it on perfectly for it to come out well.
How do you guys scan your cards, any tips would be great

basically if you look at my sig, you will see the superfractor is scanned poorly and that is pretty decent for y scanner, if you look at it that is the type of problem I am having, any suggestions would be great.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
sometimes it will not even have extra space
it will have cut the card diagonally in half and zoomed in on a part so only like 25 percent of the card is in the scan but no extra space

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
depends on the software you are using

since I don't know I can only suggest a hack I just thought of if you are having an auto cropping issue

-put the card on the scanner (middle is fine)
-take a large flat surface (preferably black so when it scans it won't look horrible) I guess just find a large piece of cardboard to try this out
-place the flat thing over 90% of the scanner bed
-leave the scanner open and scan.

Maybe that will force it to think everything is one image then you can crop it out with a paint program?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
onionring9 said:
depends on the software you are using

since I don't know I can only suggest a hack I just thought of if you are having an auto cropping issue

-put the card on the scanner (middle is fine)
-take a large flat surface (preferably black so when it scans it won't look horrible) I guess just find a large piece of cardboard to try this out
-place the flat thing over 90% of the scanner bed
-leave the scanner open and scan.

Maybe that will force it to think everything is one image then you can crop it out with a paint program?

or just find a piece of dark paper that is a bit bigger than the card and put it behind the card so if it crops anything out, it crops the paper out and not the card

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
miguelcabrera said:
Nick1190 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
or maybe you can just admit you are an idiot and not blame it on the scanner

Thanked.

is there a reason you have to be such a *****?

In this case I have to agree with miguelcabrera.He asked a decent question and you guys call him an idiot.

op:I scan all my cards raw(no toploader or sleeve).I scan it in the dark with the lid open so it pops.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Nick1190 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:

Thanked.

Seriously guys? Grow up. This was a legitimate post. If you have problems with him on other threads, keep it on other threads.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
thenumberonemetfan said:
miguelcabrera said:
Nick1190 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:

Thanked.

is there a reason you have to be such a *****?

In this case I have to agree with miguelcabrera.He asked a decent question and you guys call him an idiot.

op:I scan all my cards raw(no toploader or sleeve).I scan it in the dark with the lid open so it pops.

+1 on both accounts

2008BowmanChromeSuper.jpg

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
all right thanks to everyone who replied to my actual question, I will give your suggestions a try.

by the way tomlinsonRB21, that is a great hanley card!