Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reminder PAYPAL Tax Documents you might need..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So I just checked my Paypal to see if I had any forms from them and I see this.. :cool:
Tax documents
Tax year: 2012
Here are your 2012 tax documents.
Document Description: You have no 2012 tax documents.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I would check things again in early February. It's hard for me to believe that Paypal has their stuff together and knows right this moment which people need to be sent tax documents. My brokerage and credit union don't have my docs ready yet for tax filing purposes.

Plus, who knows what thing might have gotten slipped into the fiscal cliff avoidance law (with no fanfare from the media outlets who have reported some of the law clauses) that might have lowered the amount of combined transactions that needs to be reported on a 2012 tax document.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I would check things again in early February. It's hard for me to believe that Paypal has their stuff together and knows right this moment which people need to be sent tax documents. My brokerage and credit union don't have my docs ready yet for tax filing purposes.

Plus, who knows what thing might have gotten slipped into the fiscal cliff avoidance law (with no fanfare from the media outlets who have reported some of the law clauses) that might have lowered the amount of combined transactions that needs to be reported on a 2012 tax document.

I would think that if anything changed it would be for the year 2013 not 2012, not sure how they could just change something like that at the last second.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
How do I know? And how much can we make or sell before we have to report? Suppose we make $3,000 and never pull it out and just spend it on cards?

Legally you should report any of it no matter how small. But us a hobby and most don't anyway. Nor does the IRS care about the small fish.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
The question intrigued me so I spoke by phone to both Paypal & Ebay supervisor level CS people,,, both indicated "by Jan 31st if you exceeded the qualifying limits ",,,,, they have not processed them yet,,,, by the way there are easy steps to run reporting to see if you exceeded the transaction (200) or monetary ($20,000) limits,,,,,

While I blew by the payment received limit (641 transactions) I was not even close on the money end so no worries here
:cool:

For those of you who desire to learn about the how to understand the IRS 6050W reporting PayPal actually has a nice write up about it that simplifies it which will answer all the questions you may have, show you step by step how to run the reporting, and hopefully make the process flow easier for you.

UNDERSTANDING IRS6050W

Good luck to the rest of you !!

Jeff

So you have to go over the 200 transactions AND the $20,000 for paypal to report you then? I can never seem to pin down whether it is OR vs. AND...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts