Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Schmidt 1999 APOH 500 Club Bat/Auto sold for $1702

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I imagine I was not the only one following this listing. /20 though not numbered on the card. One of the premier game-used sets of all-time. I remember there was an old Beckett article that tracked prices on these way back, not sure how this sale compares.

Any thoughts on the sale? I definitely think the auction was the correct route to go on this one. These cards just never show up. For a half a second I wanted to bid, but think the set in my sig is enough for now...

$(KGrHqR,!hYFCb5JNBw)BQ4Jw6hDN!~~60_57.JPG

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Seller had a 1350 buy it now. I passed on it. Its not numbered which was a huge turn off for me, seemed a little weird.

Sales were in line with previous (2k range).

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
this along with that greats of the game? auto are his two highest priced auto cards ever produced, right? dont think ive seen any other schmidts remotely close to even breaking 500..let alone 1700+

dave

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Why isn't it numbered? Very strange. I would have a hard time paying even half of that amount due to the missing serial number.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Why isn't it numbered? Very strange. I would have a hard time paying even half of that amount due to the missing serial number.

Not sure why it wasn't numbered either and that kept me from really considering buying but for someone trying for the set (or a player collector) I completely understand going for it hard. It's so unusual for any card in the set to pop up, you take what you can get.

Members online