Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A small project I thought I would share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Threw together some HOF or soon to be RC's in high grade into a really nice cabinet.

Note this should be ASM's but he snoozed

photo_zps7284253e.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Very nice! You have so many great items in your collection! One suggestion would be to eliminate one of the UD Griffey RCs and replace it with something else. There are so many great high grade rookies out there that deserve to be in this cabinet, there is no need to have the same card twice. Consider replacing it with something like a 52 Mantle.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I hear ya Bill I was just screwing around and threw some in there. It was getting late and this guy was getting tired. Ill clean it up with a few others.

Any ideas on how to lay the HOF rookies out in the case. By year by cost ??

Very nice! You have so many great items in your collection! One suggestion would be to eliminate one of the UD Griffey RCs and replace it with something else. There are so many great high grade rookies out there that deserve to be in this cabinet, there is no need to have the same card twice. Consider replacing it with something like a 52 Mantle.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I hear ya Bill I was just screwing around and threw some in there. It was getting late and this guy was getting tired. Ill clean it up with a few others.

Any ideas on how to lay the HOF rookies out in the case. By year by cost ??

How about in order of your favorite? Player, card front...or whatever.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Nice! I'd lay them out chronologically.

Where did you get the cabinet?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oops. My apologies. I tapped "quote" instead of "edit". Guess I can't go back and delete...

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Off ebay they are the expensive well made ones. I looked at all the market had to offer. I am a craftsman and appreciate how things are mad. I didnt mind paying just under 3 bones for it. Some might say thats high but its quality.

Nice!

Where did you get the cabinet?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I can't tell for sure from the picture,but are the edges of the rows raised for them to lean back?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its a joke with ASM and I he wanted it I wanted this in Walnut.

Yes they sit back a little for better presentation.

You can find these on ebay they have them for baseball and smaller and larger displays

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
JC, looks cool. quick question--what type of glass is on that cabinet? is it traditional glass (or plastic even), or a more "high tech" type with UV protection and all that kind of stuff? I think having cards on display is awesome but part of me would worry about prolonged exposure to light...I'm probably overreacting but that's just my two cents.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
High quality UV glass. Cards are safe from light although there will never be direct sunlight on them. I have a eyeball high hat over it for nice lighting when I re did the room

JC, looks cool. quick question--what type of glass is on that cabinet? is it traditional glass (or plastic even), or a more "high tech" type with UV protection and all that kind of stuff? I think having cards on display is awesome but part of me would worry about prolonged exposure to light...I'm probably overreacting but that's just my two cents.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
If the price is right I love them BVG does a nice job on their grading. On par with PSA imo and I love psa slabs.

Looks awesome. The only thing I dislike is all of those older cards in BGS/BVG slabs. IMO, they'd look so much better done by PSA

Members online

Latest posts