Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this ebay situation weird?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't sell much at all on there so maybe this happens more than I realize.

I have an item ending in a day that has 4 watchers & NINETY VIEWS yet no bid at the 9.99 starting price.

Is this common? so so many views yet no bids?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I don't sell much at all on there so maybe this happens more than I realize.

I have an item ending in a day that has 4 watchers & NINETY VIEWS yet no bid at the 9.99 starting price.

Is this common? so so many views yet no bids?
The 9.99 might be scaring them off, my guess is some of them have a snipe set.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It happens to me all the time with some items. Maybe start it at .99 and it will take off. What is the Item?

Its a '97 finest rickey henderson stripe error/variation.

Id assume it would get some views because of the player & his popularity, but nearly 100?

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I searched for it lastnight and there's a thumbnail when you search. But when I clicked on it there were no pictures. Could be the same for everyone else.

Edit: Just checked and there's pictures now. Weird.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I generally don't bid on a card until the end. I'll set a snipe, that way the price isn't run up too early. Good strategy for bidders, probably not good for sellers.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Well its at 106 views & ends in 40 mins. Ill know soon if it just goes back into my error collection or to a rickey fanatic.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Could be that some Rickey collectors aren't interested since it's a very slight variation, but they "watched" it because they are curious to see if other people are interested and how much it will sell for.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Well its at 106 views & ends in 40 mins. Ill know soon if it just goes back into my error collection or to a rickey fanatic.

FTR, I just rifled through mine from that set. Of the 5 I came across, 4 had the variation you note and one had a partial stripe. Draw whatever conclusions from that you'd like.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Could be that some Rickey collectors aren't interested since it's a very slight variation, but they "watched" it because they are curious to see if other people are interested and how much it will sell for.

I do this from time to time just to see what others are buying and paying.

Latest posts