Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Introducing 2013 Bowman Inception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No Leonardo de Caprio enclosed, but the cards sure do look great.

Inception 1.jpg

Inception 2.jpg

Inception 3.jpg

Inception 4.jpg

Inception 5.jpg

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I'd guess the price point will be too much for me to be interested, but they do look pretty nice.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like the third or fourth different Bowman 'Sterling' set.

Also going to have sticker autos and the artsy design doesnt intrigue me, personally.

I'd put this product's future popularity somewhere between Platinum and Sterling.

edit: also counted 8 different parallels numbered 99 and below.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
As much as I like this, I have a feeling it's not going to sell very well because it's not chrome.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I think this looks better than Chrome or Sterling, personally. I doubt the market will care, though.

Last edited:

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
I personally am not real happy with any of the premium products that have come out this year. 5 star was a bomb, sterling is watered down and covered with scratches and triple threads was pretty good but sticker autos at that price. Idk I think I just like chrome and draft. I like finest on card autos also.

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
Maybe I'm just pissy because I open cases of stuff and hit garbage and other people open one box or a couple packs and hit 2500 dollar 1/1s multiple times.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
We don't need more prospect autos. There's no reason each prospect should have a million autos every year. I mean how many different autos will a given prospect have before he even gets called up?

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I agree it's getting crazy. Almora has autos in 09-10 USA, 2010 Bowman Chrome, 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft, 2010 Bowman Sterling, 2011 Bowman Chrome, 2011 Bowman Sterling, 2011 USA, 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft, 2012 Bowman Sterling, 2012 Leaf Metal, 2012 Leaf Valient, and 2012 Leaf Ultimate and hasn't even played a full minor league season.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Dilutes the market with them making them less desirable in my opinion.

Yep but it generates a ton of money for Topps since the majority of these are going to be stickers.

Topps signs a prospect to a contract where they sign, let's say, 5,000 sticker autographs their first year of the deal.

After Topps releases their normal products which require stickers, like Sterling, they realize that they have 1500 left over.

What to do?

They make another product using those left over stickers, make the cards mostly paralleled and charge a high price.

I'm just sticking to what I know sells when buying now: chrome, elite, sterling and the occasional Leaf.

Members online