Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the lack of a living inductee affect the number of HOFer appearances in Cooperstown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Like most HOF auto collectors, induction weekend will be my best chance of obtaining multiple signatures.

While fan attendance will surely drop, does anyone know if the number of HOF members who usually attend will also drop?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It's a double edged sword for those old farts - most will probably attend on principle since no one from the Steroid Era actually got in - they'll be giving themselves pats in the back for that, even though it's the writers who did the voting.

On the other hand, just maybe there will be less incentive for some them to go because the crowds may not be as big if there isn't a living HOFer inductee - thus the Hall of Famers won't be able to make as much money through paid signings.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Isn't it possible that the Veteran's Committee elects someone alive?

For a lot of these guys, this is a good chunk of their yearly income. I can't see why they wouldn't.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
thats a XXXXing cop-out.

Well... what do you expect the hall to do? They're not the ones who voted.

These activities had been in the works for a long time. Interesting they chose to honor Gehrig and the old guys with a formal ceremony this particular weekend; makes for an interesting dichotomy with the PED guys.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
There will be just as many members as always. Their appearance fees are guaranteed money regardless of who shows up. The thin crowd will make for good opportunities to meet your favorites. Plus the Hall posits for their trips last I knew so no put of pocket costs to the members.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jimfalbo21

May 22, 2011
Newark, OH
Anyone have any good tips, strategies, and or links to getting autos's during HOF weekend? I don't want to pay $8,000 and stand in 700 lines/

thanks,

Jim

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Anyone have any good tips, strategies, and or links to getting autos's during HOF weekend? I don't want to pay $8,000 and stand in 700 lines/

thanks,

Jim

The Albany airport is a great spot to get autos as is the golf course in Cooperstown.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online