Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rookie at getting cards graded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Estanko

Dec 16, 2012
What info should I know before sending cards in? Any info would be great. I understand the matrix just want to know how to decide which cards to send in.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Have some examples of cards you're considering? I just go on condition. Keep in mind that if you get two 9 subgrades that you can't get a gem mint overall, so try to find cards that have only a minor imperfection on one subcategory. If a card has minor surface scratch OR a soft corner? Send it in. If it had a minor surface scratch AND a soft corner? I don't send it in.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
What info should I know before sending cards in? Any info would be great. I understand the matrix just want to know how to decide which cards to send in.

Also if you are grading to resell then check pop reports. High grade low pop singles can go for big bucks. This especially good with PSA.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Estanko

Dec 16, 2012
Thanks guys. I am looking to send in some RG3s from my PC and some other rookies from chrome for grading.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The best way to learn is by submitting and see for yourself.

Your idea of a perfect surface on. chrome card could mean an 8. Same with centering.

Do the FCB group submission, save money and gain experience.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Members online