Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

has anyone done this (or tried to in thier collection)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I thought it would be cool to have all the autos of every Phillies hall of famers. (the ones who went in as a Phillies). I have alot.. Carlton....Schmidt....Roberts....Bunning....But i need Asburn,Billy Hamilton,Chuck Klein,Sam Thompson,Harry Wright.. Now the Ashburn I can do but alot are from 1890's and so forth.

Anyone done there fave team?

Last edited by a moderator:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
At some point in my life...want to work on Yankees...luckily that's probably the easiest and least expensive to do...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Marlins, Rockies, Devil Rays & Diamondbacks should be fairly easy to complete.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
But in regards to your post Ashburn, Klein, and Hamilton would for sure be doable I don't think they're too expensive. I don't know Sam Thompson and not sure the market for Harry Wright but I'm pretty sure he's a toughie. Not positive

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
has anyone done this (or tryed to in there collection)

I did my fave team, it was tough, but I persevered!!

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
I'd love to have an auto of each Cardinal Retired Number.

So far have:
Ozzie Smith (Ball)
Red Schoendienst (Ball)
Stan Musial (Ball)
Enos Slaughter ('52 Archives JSA/DNA)
Tony La Russa (Ball)
Lou Brock (Panini Century Patch /25)
Whitey Herzog (Ball)
Bob Gibson (Ball)

I'd need:
Ken Boyer (Passed)
Dizzy Dean (Passed)
Bruce Sutter
Rogers Hornsby (Passed)

That's not including Jack Buck and Gussie Busch.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Re: has anyone done this (or tryed to in there collection)

I doubt you will ever find a Harry Wright. Many of the guys that died pre 1960 are just not available on balls. Legit examples are few and far between. The cost of ball back then, the fact people didn't collect autographs in the late 1800's and that when a ball was used back then the goal was to get as many signatures as possible on it are all factors working against you. Most of these rare single signed balls you see in auctions are bullXXXX. There are more fakes than real examples of most of the early hall of famers.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

drew20

Jun 3, 2011
Would love to do this with the Reds. I had a thought the other day about the possibility of having HOF plaque remakes in a man cave. Anyone ever tried this or know a company that makes them. I don't have the funds to have them made now but would look sweet to have in a Reds man cave in the future. Sorry for being off topic

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I know what you are saying. So many fakes. Thats why i mainly only buy certified. But those few from 1890's will be next to impossible. Thanks Phillies for being such a old team. LOL

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I have thought about collecting the Yankees retired number autographs. On top of being expensive, there are just too many fakes out there of guys like Ruth and Gehrig to justify me spending that kind of money on any autograph.

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I'd need:
Dizzy Dean (Passed)
Rogers Hornsby (Passed)

That's not including Jack Buck and Gussie Busch.

I have an extra Jack Buck 3x5

scan0004.jpg

dizzydeanpsa.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
My grandpa's brother was managed by Rogers Hornsby in the minors. He said he was the biggest dick ever. Never explained why.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts