Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Auto'ed Gold Infused Baseball Redemption - SHOCKING UPDATE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
After I heard this, I had to share...

I'm sure you all remember the promotion Topps was doing for gold infused baseballs signed by Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr... well I have an update per my LCS owner (who was one of the lucky shops to get a redemption for one) and a customer of his who bought 2 redemption tickets online...

For those that need a reminder, here is an insert from Topps.com which promotes the redemption: "Topps will reveal more details, but to get a taste of what’s to come… “The Gold Rush” will include a special wrapper redemption program and special Gold Rush tickets found in Series 1 product, which will unlock unbelievable gold infused autographed baseballs tri-signed by Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr!"

Here is a link to Topps.com as well: Here Comes The Topps Gold Rush ! | Topps.com

SO Topps doesn't have the baseballs and allegedly can't get all three all-time greats to sign the baseballs... so they've sent people who sent in the redemptions, cases of 2012 Topps Archives as a replacement! That's right.... CASES of arguably Topps cheapest product of 2012 LOL.... talk about a b!tch slap!

I have to give Topps a round of applause for royally F'ing up again but this time on a LARGE scale haha

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Gold infused signed baseball by Griffey Jr., Aaron and Mays = Cases of this crap...

$(KGrHqQOKigE6YVVoDF8BP)i1jdtVQ~~60_1.JPG

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In terms of $ value, which deal is actually better?

I didn't remember this particular promotion.

I guess in terms of $ value, Topps made it right if they sent people 2 or 3 cases... I'm seeing cases of this product for like $679 on BO

IMO, that shouldn't matter.... This product is so low end and to send multiple cases... just such a slap in the face IMO

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Because this is a topps goof, im thinking this will go to 2 pages, maybe less.

But if leaf did this, there would be 5x more pages than zits on all of gilmo's customers during a mtg tourney

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Hearing of the promotion or not, which would you rather have, 1 case of Topps Archives, or a Gold infused baseball Signed by Jr, Aaron and Mays?

I bring it up because its not tough to get autos of these guys, many of us already have these autos.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Terrible job by Topps, and they deserve to be raked over the coals for it. I think if they gave people rare on-card autographs of each of the three players plus the case of Archives, it would be more of a good faith effort to make things right. The folks who sent these in wanted autographs of these three players, not wax.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
How can MLB continue to allow Topps to f'up every product and promotion? It seems to me that they gave the exclusive license to Topps so that collectors would have an "official" card manufacture and know that these cards represent the MLB in a good light. Topps has fallen off a cliff with quality control and could potentially drive customers away from MLB products. I wonder if individuals who have been screwed by Topps are contacting the MLB to complain about the products they endorse.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
How can MLB continue to allow Topps to f'up every product and promotion? It seems to me that they gave the exclusive license to Topps so that collectors would have an "official" card manufacture and know that these cards represent the MLB in a good light. Topps has fallen off a cliff with quality control and could potentially drive customers away from MLB products. I wonder if individuals who have been screwed by Topps are contacting the MLB to complain about the products they endorse.

That a pretty good point actually.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
This is embarrassing for Topps. They should at LEAST guarantee an auto for that particular player. There aren't that many of these redemptions out there to contact each person and resolve this.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Who spends over $1000 on a Topps redemption card? 98% of the time you don't get what you are supposed to get .

Latest posts