Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling on ebay over the holidays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Like many of you, I sell on ebay.

Has each year, I wonder if this is a good thing to continue over the holidays. because of the many days off and delivery times that makes it a little longer. As I am in Canada and most of my buyers for baseball are American, it can easily vary from a week or 10 days more for some.

As year each, I think that buyers are aware of this, that the holidays are for everyone, and a wise person needs to be patient ... Unfortunately, this year more than ever, I have a crazy amount of members who complain about delays, insult me​​, threaten me ...

I ask you: do you slow down or stop your ebay sales during the holidays? Have you noticed that the buyers are less patient and more aggressive? Or maybe it's just because i'm Canadian (an easy target hahaha).

Thank you!

Seb

neckababy1

Jul 26, 2010
Toms River, NJ
I usually slow down around the holidays for both the reasons you state but also because I'm spending more time with my kids while they are off from school. Pretty much shut down the week before Christmas and then start up after the new year again

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
If you had a card i wanted i'd wait . I do find it strange that i can get a card from Japan in half the time of California -no extra $ on postage .
I bet Montreal has changed alot since i was there ---------------------------------------------------------1956

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Personally I will slow down during Christmas and New Years but with something like Sterling coming out during the holidays I will space it out. I state the estimated shipping time that the post office gives me when I purchase the label. If it takes longer because of the holidays that is not my fault and the buyer needs to understand that. As a buyer myself I know that if I buy something between Thanksgiving and New Years, it is going to take an extra few days I am sure. Sadly though most people are ignorant and can't comprehend it. So they complain. IMO just ignore it, you did nothing wrong.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
If you had a card i wanted i'd wait . I do find it strange that i can get a card from Japan in half the time of California -no extra $ on postage .
I bet Montreal has changed alot since i was there ---------------------------------------------------------1956

lol I wasn't born yet! Place Ville-Marie (the first 'modern' building raised downtown, opened in 1962) was under construction when you left, there is a few other additions since then.

My items are usually getting faster to Asia/Europe than in US, and i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the customs.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Family was on a trip there in April and remember all the snow . I was in Toronto about 1962 with family .

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Family was on a trip there in April and remember all the snow . I was in Toronto about 1962 with family .

One of the biggest change is that we don't get as much snow as it was back in time. Today it's raining, and i mean heavy rain. We got 20 inches of snow 2 weeks ago and it should be all gone by the end of the day.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I ramp that ****** up for the Holidays. I can take the good with the bad. As for being Canadian and being the punching bag........well you said that is a given :lol:

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I try to slow down during the holidays, many other things going on and it's tough to keep up on shipping. I hear you about the buyers, they have become much more aggressive, and it's not limited to the holidays, but I think the stress of the time of year intensifies it.

Members online