Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCBer cjb9421 is "entitled" to his money and DON'T you deny it!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Hey all,
I usually don't start a thread like this about some of the idiots that I have to deal with in this hobby but this guy is amazing (cjb9421) and I just had to tell the story. He had a BIN up on the bay so I sent him a very reasonable offer and he sent me a message to email him saying that we can work something out. This was a highend lot (4 cards) of a not too popular guy that I was gonna take a chance on as I like buying higher end cards instead of buying tons of base, so I sent him my offer which was $80 more than what all the cards in the lot have sold for on ebay combined. He countered with an offer of $35 more and I countered with my original offer. His reply was that he has tons of this guy and asked me what was my take on him as an investment? So I gave him my thought on the player and asked him if I gave him $70 more what lower end auto's could he include and this was his reply "But to answer your question about what i'll sell you for 400, its a tough call considering for the past two months ive pretty much been the only one picking these cards up. So the market is pretty much what I will pay, meaning only one thing....you or anyone else will have to pay a slight premium for me to part with them." Obviously, which is why I offered more than what they have sold for. So instead of countering he passed and I asked him if he could break down what he was asking for each individual card so I could see where he was on each for me to make another more informed counter and he came back with "were not going to be able to work anything out, im not selling my proposed offer". So after emailing back and forth he finally put his original offer of $365 back on the table. Then LITERALLY 10 min later he sent me this "a blue wave just got hit at $$...the 365 is off the table.". So because I didn't even have a chance to reply to his first email about the $365 being back on, I told him I'll pay him the $365. He then sent me this "yeah, as long as you paypal gift it...ill hook you up with a cool freebie as well". Now I don't do pp gift to anyone as its extremely risky and this guy was already to fishy to me as it was. So I told him that and he tried to tell me everything was gonna be ok. Then after me telling him that I was already paying him a profit and willing to do the deal off ebay to save him fees he comes back with this "Your paying the 365, I want what your paying, how dont you think im entitled to what your paying?
Send me a postal money order then....". So I tell him to stop nickle and diming me and he says.. "These are my cards, I don't have to sell them to you or on ebay...you fail to realize that. The freebie I was adding in was a free refractor auto ($10-$12 card btw), I even told you that you about the freebie and you could have sent me a postal money order, 3% in fees on 365.00 is over 10.00, im going to spend more than that in gas, supplies, and shipping. I wasnt "asking for more" i was asking for what the hell your already paying, the money that i'm entitled to for my cards. So guess what, you don't have to buy them, the deals off.". All because I wouldn't pay via pp gift. So I told him I was gonna pay pp gift even though I was just gonna pay reg. pp but he didn't know that and then he agreed and sent me his pp addy. And before I had a chance to pay he sends me this "scratch that, they're no longer for sale at this time.". So I then send him an email letting him know my feelings, which is probably never a good thing, but ,whatever,I have more deals to worry about instead of some d-bag wasting my time.The # of times this guy backed out of potential deals is what just pissed me off/rant

sorry for the long read, but in trying to deal with (cjb9421) I realize how big of a d-bag some people can be and I had to vent,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
no offense but they are his cards... he can charge 1.2 million if he wanted...

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Super cool story, bro.

j/k.
I can't be bothered to spend that much time and effort negotiating just to save a few bucks. If you truly are the only buyer for x player there is a chance the price could go down eventually. But as seen on eBay there are plenty of sellers who list cards on BIN that are on there forever.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
no offense but they are his cards... he can charge 1.2 million if he wanted...
I completely understand this and I hope it didn't come off as me complaing that he was charging to much as thats not the case. My problem was him agreeing to sales and then constantly backing out.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Scotty!! Whats up man? Yeah you are most def. right about that and honestly I have tried to slow down on the prospect side but there's something there that just pulls me back lol
Not been up to much, just waiting for the baseball season to start. :) You?

And I do hear ya...bought my first box of Bowman Draft at the end of last year and went back to buy more a few days later =P

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Super cool story, bro.

j/k.
I can't be bothered to spend that much time and effort negotiating just to save a few bucks. If you truly are the only buyer for x player there is a chance the price could go down eventually. But as seen on eBay there are plenty of sellers who list cards on BIN that are on there forever.

At first I tried to negotiate but in the end after he didn't want to increase more cards into the deal, which I understood, I accepted his original offer after he put it back on the table.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Not been up to much, just waiting for the baseball season to start. :) You?

And I do hear ya...bought my first box of Bowman Draft at the end of last year and went back to buy more a few days later =P

lol same here and Draft is contagious man. I am trying to quit cold turkey on busting wax but it is tough!

Members online