Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you make this trade?

Would you make this trade based on my current roster?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I am in a 12 team head to head league and was offered Johan Santana and Adrian Beltre for Miguel Cabrera.

Right now im am leaning towards rejecting it as i think i have a really strong starting staff and would benefit more from having Miggy. Just thought it would be fun to see what everyone else would do.

Here is my current team.

C- Saltalamacchia
1B - Derrek Lee
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Tulowitzki
OF - Adam Dunn
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Chris Young
Util - Willy Taveras

BN - Andruw Jones
BN - Justin Upton
BN - Cameron Maybin
BN - Hank Blalock

SP - Roy Halladay
SP - Rich Harden
RP - Mike Gonzalez
RP - Troy Percival
P - Kazmir
P - C. Zambrano
P - Derek Lowe

BN - Justin Duchscherer

G

First off with that you will have to drop someone else to add those 2
So who would that be? Jones???

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I would mostly go with it but one thing to consider is that Johan had soreness in his elbow yesterday. From the article I read it seems like he has had this in the past and that not worried, but it's something to keep an eye on.

G

Phishmon23 said:
its actually a pretty fair trade, that said, i think you lose a lot of offense when you trade cabrera.
Thinking the same here. So how is the scoring in the pitching Cat's?
I sometimes just go for offense and have a starting core of say 3 maybe for good pitchers.
and a good closer, then through out the season I look for pitchers that have some use
like say a SP/RP someone who can spot start and is used in the pen as well.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Pine Tar said:
First off with that you will have to drop someone else to add those 2
So who would that be? Jones???

Jones is staying. If i dropped anyone it would be Blalock or Maybin.

As for the categories is a default yahoo league.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
I do the deal because in a H2H league you will be unstoppable from week to week in the SP catagories, and it is much easier to find offense than pitching following a draft. All you need to do is add someone who will get a few RBIs and you'll win enough hitting catagories every week that it will be very difficult for anyone to beat you over a week's games.

Make this deal and deal from the middle of your rotation to upgrade your lineup.

Craig

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Phishmon23 said:
its actually a pretty fair trade, that said, i think you lose a lot of offense when you trade cabrera....so i probably wouldn't do it.

I agree however i really need Cabreras AVG. As Dunn and Young will be hurting my team in that category.

G

not a chance...Miguel is still one of the top hitters in baseball...plus beltre blows, and you already have halladay and harden and zambrano and kazmir

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I would not, but i would thank him for the offer. Very rare you received a fair offer this early in the fantasy season

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Huffamaniac said:
I would not, but i would thank him for the offer. Very rare you received a fair offer this early in the fantasy season

Yeah this suprised me as well. I went ahead and accepted it. Its not a serious league so it will be fun to see how it works out.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I would do it because your rotation has a ton of injury questions. Lowe and Halladay are pretty safe bets, but who knows with Harden. Kazmir and Zambrano are also pretty risky. The other thing is Beltre is playing for a contract so you would think he'd see a little boost.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Codasco07 said:
I would do it because your rotation has a ton of injury questions. Lowe and Halladay are pretty safe bets, but who knows with Harden. Kazmir and Zambrano are also pretty risky. The other thing is Beltre is playing for a contract so you would think he'd see a little boost.

I'm not sure why you say Zambrano is a risk. He's been on the DL one time and has started 30+ games a season every year since 2003.

Members online

Latest posts