Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Small little EBAY rant.. Best Offers..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So within the last week I have came across two items that I thought I would like and made offers on both.. But for some reason, they decide to raise the item price while an offer is pending..

First example..

Johnny Bench Timeless Treasures Autograph 24 24 Salutations Inscription | eBay

It's a Johnny Bench Timeless Treasures Inscriptions auto.. I have one for my set, but this one had a different inscription..

He originally had the card listed with a BIN at $85.. I offfered $60.. he then raised the item to $120 and countered with $85.. I declined..

Next one..

Ken Griffey Jr 2012 Topps Five Star Auto Autograph on Card D 99 Silver | eBay

Ken Griffey Jr. Five Star Redemption for a Silver Signatures card.. I saw one on EBAY with a BIN of $299 and thought it looked good.. I then looked at what the ending prices were for previous redemptions and they varied from $85 up to $135.. I found one with a $150 BIN and made an offer of $125 and I see he hasn't responded, but yet he has raised the BIN to $200..

Anyone else see this trend?

/end of rant..

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Some times I think these jerk off ebay sellers are on there to play games because their lives suck and they have nothing better to do.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
No and if it was me Kevin I would just not do buisness with these people. Its one thing to ask what ever price you want and another to play games. These seller are obviously playing games (and not to thier benifit). Thanks for posting the items as these seller will not get any of my buisness.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah that's f'ed up. I'd shoot them a lovely message and then put them on my block list

2000Doubles

Oct 29, 2012
Illinois
Not to play devils advocate, but maybe they were hoping to get the BIN price. I would guess after numerous offers of lower then bin pricing, they figure if maybe I raise the BIN I can get the original price I was looking for.

or they are just being greedy, lol.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
No and if it was me Kevin I would just not do buisness with these people. Its one thing to ask what ever price you want and another to play games. These seller are obviously playing games (and not to thier benifit). Thanks for posting the items as these seller will not get any of my buisness.

I almost bought some other cards from the Griffey seller if he had taken my offer.. The Hank Aaron auto for sure.. but he's lost my respect as a seller and my $$ I was going to spend.. So for the extra amount he wants, he probably lost another $300 to $600 for what he did.. ::facepalm::

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Never had that happen but I have seen items I'm watching jump significantly after I place them on my watch list. I then promptly take them off my watch list and make sure not to buy from that seller. I understand people who sell want to get a certain price for things but I've got a lot to search for. You get greedy, I'll still find something to buy. You'll be the one who doesn't accomplish your goal.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I've done it on comc before the three strikes rule to signify that I was done negotiating. Since there is no direct communication it was the only way to get someone to stop. Then I'd put it back after a day or two.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Amazing.. I just had it happen again today..

There is a card I have been watching and it has been relisted a few times with a high BIN.. So I see it got relisted with a lower BIN and best offer..

View attachment 11508

and then he replies with this..

View attachment 11509

So he raised the BIN from $125 to $175..

another ********* to avoid..::facepalm::

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
From another perspective.......Maybee the seller actually thought he had the card priced low and fair and thought he was going to get alot closer to his 125.00 or have someone hit the BIN. Similar to listing a card on ebay for auction for a starting price of, say 49.99 and getting no bids, then deciding to put the card in the ebay store a few days later for 74.99 and then getting a buyer almost immediately. Had it happen so many times. Puzzling to say the least..... BTW. I thought your offer was a fair offer on the card

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hate the folks that have a $80 BIN/BO, I offer $60, which is fair and they come back with $78. Just have a straight BIN if your best offer is $2 less than the BIN price. ::facepalm::

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Yesterday I put on offer on a card. 23% of the BIN price. And honesty, my offer was about double what the card would sell for at auction. This morning the seller countered back at 40% of his BIN price, and then canceled the listing.

What's up with that? Did he submit a counter offer that he thought was too low? lol

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Yesterday I put on offer on a card. 23% of the BIN price. And honesty, my offer was about double what the card would sell for at auction. This morning the seller countered back at 40% of his BIN price, and then canceled the listing.

What's up with that? Did he submit a counter offer that he thought was too low? lol

Sold offline.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts