Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

looking for a little input re: ebay bid retractions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iconms

Aug 11, 2011
NYC
I have over 2,200 feedback as a buyer but practically nothing as a seller. I recently decided to list a few Russell Wilson cards from 2010 Bowman Chrome baseball. The auction in question was a 7 day one that ended last night (Monday night). At one point during the week I had as many as 3 bids from 3 different people. The 3rd bidder retracted his bid quickly and sent me a message apologizing and he found the card off ebay for cheaper. I was fine with that - his bid had come and gone without me even noticing. Then on Saturday the 2nd bidder retracted. I was just left with the original bidder (who actually had purchased a card from me a week before and everything went smoothly).

Shortly after the Seahawks lost on Sunday, the first bidder drops out too leaving me with no bids and the card went unsold. The reason the first bidder gave (as well as the other 2) was "entered wrong amount". There was 6 days in between his bid and his retraction and all of a sudden he "entered the wrong amount". Such a load of crap. It was obviously because of the outcome of the game (even though Wilson played amazing).

I obviously knew retractions existed but I had no idea people could use them so willy-nilly and without any consequence. What do you guys do in a situation like this? I'm guessing you just have to take it on the chin. Do you block people that do that?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not much you can do about it that I know of, just the risk of listing on the Site, especially with Hot players/teams. Sorry.

You can block them after the fact, but otherwise, I know of nothing you can do in advance to keep it from happening...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not much you can do about it that I know of, just the risk of listing on the Site, especially with Hot players/teams. Sorry.

You can block them after the fact, but otherwise, I know of nothing you can do in advance to keep it from happening...

+1

Members online