Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~Game Used Purchase--What would you buy~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
So here is a hypothetical question about buying a GU item.

You want a Game Used bat from a Pre-War player. An authenticated Bat with documentation is price prohibitive so you find a new direction.

You have located two other bats,
1) is a "store model" with game use, bat matches all H&B shipping records for weight and length
2) a documented bat owned/used by the person while a manager, bat also shows wear

Option 2 cost twice Option 1

As a collector do you go with the item that might have been used by the player (or someone else) or the item which your guy used to hit practice grounders etc.

Thoughts?

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I would go with option 2 since you receive documentation that it was owned and used by said player. Option 1 is a store model with all the correct info but i would want documentation since it is a prewar player. or option 3 save enough money for the bat you really want.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Personally, I would think about saving up for the bat with documentation, but since that is not an option I would go with #2. I would hate never really knowing the truth about the store model bat, so I would not even consider it.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I'd probably go with #2, just because I would never be confident #1 was ever used by the player, and I think #2 is more unique and rare.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
there's a reason option 2 is twice the cost of option 1 - b/c at least it's confirmed said player swung the bat and had it in his hands. I always err on the side of making sure my "memorabilia" actually reflects the player I'm trying to "remember".

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I would do option 2. then you're 100 percent certain and have correct documentation that it was used by said player in an official game

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts