Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Some Ebay Advice Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Any advice would be appreciated. Here's the situation:

Sold a Russell Wilson Auto late on Tuesday for $139 best offer. Buyer messages me early yesterday and says the he'll pay by the end of the weekend, he's been traveling around, busy, etc. Says he can bid from his phone but he's not set up to pay from it (seem weird, doesn't it????). No big deal, told him I was fine with waiting. Now he just sent a message asking me to invoice him directly on Paypal. Said his ebay account is on hold because of a bill that his partner ran up and now he just wants to "pay off the $800 in cards he won this week" w/ the money in his Paypal account.

Am I being paranoid or does something seem kind of sketchy here. What would be the issues if I invoiced him directly though Paypal? Am I still fully protected, or should I just consider canceling the transaction and avoiding the headache? Help me out here guys!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Any advice would be appreciated. Here's the situation:

Sold a Russell Wilson Auto late on Tuesday for $139 best offer. Buyer messages me early yesterday and says the he'll pay by the end of the weekend, he's been traveling around, busy, etc. Says he can bid from his phone but he's not set up to pay from it (seem weird, doesn't it????). No big deal, told him I was fine with waiting. Now he just sent a message asking me to invoice him directly on Paypal. Said his ebay account is on hold because of a bill that his partner ran up and now he just wants to "pay off the $800 in cards he won this week" w/ the money in his Paypal account.

Am I being paranoid or does something seem kind of sketchy here. What would be the issues if I invoiced him directly though Paypal? Am I still fully protected, or should I just consider canceling the transaction and avoiding the headache? Help me out here guys!

Invoice him and use tracking when you ship and everything well be fine.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Thanks for the advice Michael. I'm thinking along those same lines.

One time bump for different opinions.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Just send him the invoice from eBay.
Just like you do for every auction Then he pays like everyone else does using PayPal. No need to send him anything from PayPal only.

Otherwise cancel the transaction because it does seem weird he is asking for things not the normal route.

After every successful sale on eBay you can send the buyer a invoice which is where they will go through PayPal. Didn't you do this yet?

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Just send him the invoice from eBay.
Just like you do for every auction Then he pays like everyone else does using PayPal. No need to send him anything from PayPal only.

Otherwise cancel the transaction because it does seem weird he is asking for things not the normal route.

After every successful sale on eBay you can send the buyer a invoice which is where they will go through PayPal. Didn't you do this yet?

You know, the more I think about it, I think I'm changing my mind towards this. And yes, I have invoiced him.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
You know, the more I think about it, I think I'm changing my mind towards this. And yes, I have invoiced him.

Ok I thought you might have. So now he wants another invoice? If he wins the auction and it's his eBay account then he can pay at anytime.
You may just want to walk away from this one.

Johnny's Bench

Dec 5, 2012
Columbia, Md
Even if there was something wrong with his EBay account, he would be able to pay you through them still, sounds like he used someone in his households account to buy the item perhaps? I would go about it the regular way...as always...

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
We agreed and went ahead and just cancelled the transaction. I don't really think he was trying to pull anything over on me, but just felt sketchy. Thanks for the advice guys.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Two things, on my old phone, I was able to bid but not pay. Also, this exact same thing has happened to two other people on another board I'm on and they were asking advice about it last night. Seems fishy to me and I would have cancelled the transaction as well.

Latest posts