Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge Scam Exposed - eBay Group Breaker Scam - Evidence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houdini

Aug 6, 2012
East Coast
First, I did not uncover this. It was emailed to me by someone else.

Second, I will try to leave all emotion out and just try to post the facts.

--------------------------

Example #1: 2012 Topps Tier One Sandy Koufax Gold auto 2/5

Card is sold here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-...OLD-Auto-Red-Parallel-5-Dodgers-/261134337914

I know the numbering is difficult to see, but if you click on the image and then blow it up slightly, you can clearly see it is 2/5.

Please note the date, seller's name, and seller's location.

Now view this auction for an eBay group box break: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-...Grab-Bag-24-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-/130818034177

Please note the date, seller's name, and seller's location.

Finally, please view this video:

2012 topps five star baseball box break #24 - YouTube

Please note the date and username.

Notice that there is no way to know the date of the video - only the day it was uploaded.

-----------------------------------

There are 2 more examples in the images below, but a quick search showed several more examples.

Also, this has been going on for at least a year: Box break gone wrong

Attachments

• 1harper - Copy.jpg
    1harper - Copy.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 217
  • babe - Copy.jpg
    babe - Copy.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 228
  • readfirst - Copy.jpg
    readfirst - Copy.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 253
  • sandygold - Copy.jpg
    sandygold - Copy.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
And now you see why I only trust allincards they ALL are trying to get over on people. They are all greedy. My favorite are the guys who reseal the case and bust them on camera.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
What a complete d-bag. It took me a minute to process this, but once it clicked I started in with all kinds of bad name calling.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Ok, let me make sure that I'm getting this straight. Still half asleep.

- Busts a box of Five-Star

- Sells Koufax auto on one account while listing Dodgers spot in break with another account

- Wins Dodgers himself spot w/ separate account

- Uploads previously recorded video

Is that right?

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
C'mon people! Use some common sense - insist on a live streaming break or you're asking for trouble. At least then they have to be real dirtbags and get caught on film saying "I don't even know what that is..."

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The entire concept of group breaks is shady. Very few have proven themselves to be trustworthy, and even then, in the face of a tremendous pull, people can be tempted. If I were going to do a group break, the only people I'd trust in the cyberworld would be BCA, should he ever choose to do one, and AIC.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Wait I don't get it. So he opens a box, records it...sells the hits....then sells slots in a group break and uploads the video from when he opened it? Meaning he has no cards to ship in the actual break...wouldn't he be able to only do this once (if once at all b/c of chargebacks) b/c of all the negative feedback he would get?

A_Pharis

Wait I don't get it. Sold he opens a box, records it...sells the hits....then sells slots in a group break and uploads the video from when he opened it? Meaning he has no cards to ship in the actual break...wouldn't he be able to only do this once (if once at all b/c of chargebacks) b/c of all the negative feedback he would get?

See above. He has private bidding on the break spots and wins the "hit" spot himself.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
See above. He has private bidding on the break spots and wins the "hit" spot himself.

oooooooh....so gotcha. so he makes money on the other teams that don't have hits. what a shady bastard. i would love to poo on his carpet.
[MENTION=1804]notjomommasclint[/MENTION] - are you with me? we can hit up that greasy mexican joint on the way over

A_Pharis

Also - this is why eBay has the No Grab Bag/ Lottery rule. They've shut down group breaks in the past.
Rule #1 of Group Breaks - You're an IDIOT to take part in one that doesn't break live and with a camera good enough to capture the entire break surface.

A_Pharis

Another big scam was revealed with this shady case breaker on BLOWOUT. The guy was overcharging for slots and when he was exposed, BLOWOUT CHANGED THE RULES. Oh wait.. the OP is the scammer that was exposed on BLOWOUT!!

The amount you charge is not a scam. People choose to pay what they feel is right. That's like calling it a scam for your LCS to mark up. This is not the appropriate thread for you to try to troll Houdini.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I'll say that the guy who posted this,is the only group breaker I've ever gone with. I'd trust him all day everyday.

To the eBay ******, wow. That's about all I have to say. Some people are so douchy that there's not a descriptive word that fits.

Last edited: